Technician (JHB) - G4S Deposita - South AfricaLocation: Western Cape | Salary: Market Related | Posted: 8 Nov 2019 | Closes: 11 Nov 2019 | Job Type: Permanent & Full-time | Business Unit: South Africa - Cash Solutions | Region / Division: Cash Division | Reference: G4S/TP/2699739/175067
Remuneration and benefits will be commensurate with the seniority of the role and in compliance with company remuneration policy and practice.
G4S Cash Solutions (SA), a leading provider of integrated cash management solutions, has a vacancy for a Technician based at our Deposita operations in Johannesburg.
Reporting to the Operations Support Manager, this role is responsible for installing, repair and maintaining ABM’s and docking stations.
The successful incumbent is a self-starter with a proven track record in maintaining company policy, adopting best practices, and is able to exercise sound judgement in the pursuit of the achievement of the goals of the organisation, and understanding the role which technical support plays within a successful business unit. The incumbent will be expected to be results driven and to live the values of the organisation.
Installations and Maintenance of ABM’s
- Install new ABM’s on customer premises
- De Install machines on Customer promises
- Maintain ABM’s and installing new modifications
- Provide training to the customer on installed ABM
- Assist technicians telephonically or physically to fix problems they are unable to
- Maintain and Install docking stations
Provide efficient customer service
- Collect faulty canisters from the cash centre for repair by the workshop
- Perform spot fixing on sites instead of swopping ABM’s
- Ensure that technical call-outs are attended to within the time limits of the SLA
The Ideal Candidate:
- Grade 12
- 1 year technician experience
- Valid Drivers Licence
Knowledge, Skills and Attributes
- Customer Service and liaison
- Sale and Marketing
- Cash Operations
- Computer literacy
- Communication (written and verbal)
- Sharing and cooperating
- Customer Thinking
- Problem Solving
- Product and Technical Skills
- Work under pressure
- Dealing with changing circumstances
- Attention to detail
- Delivering great customer service
We welcome applications from all suitably qualified candidates, but SA citizens will have a distinct advantage
About the Company:
G4S is the world’s leading international security solutions group, which specialises in secure outsourcing in countries and sectors where security and safety risks are considered
a strategic threat. G4S is the largest employer quoted on the London Stock Exchange and has a secondary stock exchange listing in Copenhagen.G4S has operations in more than 120 countries and more than 620, 000 employees. For more information on G4S, visit www.g4s.com.
G4S operates in over 26 countries in Africa and employs over 120 000 people on the continent.
At G4S South Africa, our vision is to be recognised as the leader in providing security solutions. We therefore endeavour to build and maintain a motivated, capable workforce who are proud to work for our region and able to deliver our commercial strategy. We continue to build on the excellent people management practices which are in place across the Group in order to fully engage our workforce. Our employees are the public face of G4S and we recognise and respect the value they add to the business by delivering excellent service day after day.
G4S is an organisation which is defined by its values, which are:
- Safety First - We prioritise safety management to protect the health and wellbeing of our colleagues and those around us.
- Performance - We seek to improve performance year-on-year to create long-term sustainability.
- Integrity - We can always be trusted to do the right thing.
- Best People - We employ the best people, develop their competence, provide opportunity and inspire them to live our values.
- Teamwork and Collaboration - We collaborate for the benefit of our customers and G4S.
- Expertise - We develop and demonstrate our expertise through our innovative approach to creating and delivering the right solutions.
- Customer Focus - We have close, open relationships with our customers which generate trust and we work in partnership for the mutual benefit of our organisations.
One of the G4S Group’s core values is to ensure we employ the Best People. We strive to develop our employees’ competence and inspire them to live our values. G4S ensures that we provide our employees with opportunities for growth and development within a dynamic and challenging business environment.
At G4S South Africa, we place great value on attracting and retaining the best people at all levels, to ensure the continued success of the organisation.
Jobs that might be of interest:Operations Coordinator, Germany
Apply now Town Enquiry Officer - Grantham
Apply now Town Enquiry Officer - Boston (Flexi role)
Apply now Facilities Manager (Centurion) - G4S Secure Solutions - South Africa
Apply now Expression of Interest : Customer Services Manager (Gauteng) - G4S Secure Solutions - South Africa