Technician - Electrical BRIDGEND £28,500
Technician - ElectricalLocation: BRIDGEND | Salary: £28,500 | Posted: 23 Sep 2021 | Closes: 7 Oct 2021 | Job Type: Permanent & Full-time | Business Unit: UK Central Government Services | Region / Division: UK & Ireland | Reference: 10552
Technician - Electrical
G4S Custody and Rehabilitation Services
HMP Parc, Bridgend, CF35 6AP
Salary £28,500.00 per annum
Permanent - Full Time (40 hours per week)
Benefits: Company Pension, free on-site parking, on-site canteen, local Gym discounts, ongoing training and development and access to High Street Shop discounts.
Within Care and Rehabilitation Services, the philosophy of our prisons is to rehabilitate offenders and equip them to re-integrate into mainstream society on release. We seek to normalise prison conditions as far as possible to reflect life in the outside community. Our aim is to create an environment in which staff and prisoners feel safe and causes of prison stress are minimised. Central to our philosophy is the relationship between staff and prisoners. Our training and operational practices emphasise the need to treat prisoners with dignity and respect and G4S staff build positive and supportive relationships with the prisoners in their care. HMP & YOI Parc accommodates 1038 convicted male adult prisoners and remand/ convicted young offenders and young people in a secure but modern environment.
We now have an opportunity for a Technician - Electrical to join our team at HMP Parc. The successful candidate must be fully qualified and experienced in a electrical engineering discipline (Level 3 NVQ diploma in Electro technical services or equivalent). They will be required to maintain and repair assets, building fabric, services and utilities across the prison estate that is the responsibility of G4S CaRS.
- Operate within planned maintenance procedures for assets etc, effectively and safely within their range of qualifications, levels of competence, training and experience.
- Deal effectively and safely with breakdowns and damage to assets etc. within their range of qualifications, levels of competence, training and experience as required and by out of hours response where necessary.
- Write up maintenance reports and technical procedures for Building Maintenance Activities.
- Assist in the training and development of other maintenance/technical staff involved in site maintenance activities.
- Carry out maintenance inspection and repairs to various types of heating, water, ventilation, electrical, mechanical and security etc. equipment and services on site, where necessary and within their range of qualifications, levels of competence, training and experience
- Diagnosing faults on all Mechanical & Electrical support systems and rectifying where necessary and within their range of qualifications, levels of competence, training and experience.
- Following detailed drawings and operational maintenance manuals in order to carry out all planned maintenance, routine inspections and reactive repairs.
- Carry out maintenance inspection and repairs to various assets, building fabric throughout the prison estate, e.g. furniture, internal /external fixtures and fittings, grounds, access and car parking, etc.
- Assisting in the development of maintenance routines, procedures, risk assessments, preparing and maintaining relevant technical records.
- Working with other craft qualified, semi-skilled and unskilled maintenance staff to develop cross-skilling and cover all levels and aspects of maintenance activities on a team work basis.
- Participate in emergency call out arrangements and provide cover where necessary during sickness absence periods.
- Carry out maintenance activities to assist in project and improvement development works, offering alternatives to improve the effectiveness of the operation of the site, review current legislation / regulations within their range of qualifications, levels of competence, training and experience
The Ideal Candidate:
Fully qualified and experienced within an electrical engineering discipline (Level 3 NVQ diploma in Electro technical services or equivalent)
17th / 18th Edition (IET) Wiring Regulations
Experience of building and facilities maintenance both in reactive & planned maintenance disciplines
Experience of BMS systems.
C& G 2391 /2392
EAL level 3 inspection & Test (Periodic Inspection & Testing)
Electrical Safety & Part P
Portable Appliance Testing (EAL or City & Guilds)
Full, clean driving license
If you join us, you can be sure that you’ll find a secure, friendly and professional working environment and be given all the support, training and encouragement you need to build and develop a successful career with us.
We encourage applications from Welsh speaking candidates.
Equality and Diversity is an important part of G4S Care and Rehabilitation Services. We actively encourage applications from all diverse groups.
Please note that these vacancies are subject to a 5 year checkable history and the strict vetting standards set by G4S and the Secretary of State for the Home Office and are exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act.
You must be eligible to work in the UK and must have been resident in the UK for a minimum period of 3 years. You will also need to provide full details of your employment and education history for the last 5 years as part of the security screening process for this role.
Jobs that might be of interest:HR Administrator
Apply now Digital Content Creator
Apply now Complex Needs Support Worker
Apply now Auditor - Compliance and Assurance
Apply now Healthcare Assistant