Technical Trainer Washington, D.C. Competitive
Technical TrainerLocation: Washington, D.C. | Salary: Competitive | Posted: 9 Jun 2021 | Closes: 31 Jul 2021 | Job Type: Permanent & Full-time | Business Unit: US – AMAG Technology | Region / Division: AMAG Technology | Reference: DC060821T
AMAG Technology is seeking a responsible Technical Trainer to deliver hands-on certification and user training classes on AMAG’s access control and video platform products to dealers and end users.
- Complete ownership of assigned classes, including but not limited to coordinating with the customers for logistics, prerequisites, modified curriculum & content, material & equipment shipments, travel planning and more.
- Educate students in a professional and customer centric environment, making sure they have the knowledge and skills to properly design, deploy, use, and service AMAG’s products.
- Work with product managers, QA, AE, tech support, and others to gain technical understanding of products
- Regularly work with application software, electronic systems, presentation software, eLearning system, training manuals, published technical documentation, CAD drawings, technical product bulletins, specifications and datasheets.
- Conducting instructor led webinars and remote training sessions.
- Creating and maintaining content for select products or parts of products
- If residing in a city with an AMAG training facility (currently Los Angeles, Chicago, Washington DC, and Tewkesbury UK), trainers manage the facilities and equipment in those cities, i.e. general appearance of the classroom, maintaining and repairing equipment, and installing/imaging training computers.
- Travel throughout North America ranges from 40-75% depending on trainer’s residence. If residing in a city with a training facility, travel ranges 40-60%. If residing elsewhere, travel may be up to 75%. Sunday travel for classes that start Monday morning.
- Perform other duties as instructed by management
The Ideal Candidate:
What You Need:
- Associate’s degree in Engineering, Electronics, Software Systems or Information Technology, or a similar field of study. Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Fluent Spanish with a valid US passport and be available to travel to Latin America is preferred. Portuguese is a plus.
- Comfortable working with eLearning platforms (LMS). Experience in creating content for eLearning (LMS) systems is a plus.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office, Google G-Suite and other application used for documentation, scheduling, eLearning and curriculum development.
- Experience conducting training classes without supervision (Includes dealers, users, and AMAG employees).
- Microsoft Certified Professional (MCP) is a plus.
- The ability to articulate and explain technical principles in the classroom environment is required.
- 5+ years of relevant field experience designing, installing and servicing security systems in access control, video management and/or intrusion detection.
- 3+ years of relevant experience working with software products utilizing Microsoft SQL Server (or equivalent relational database systems).
- 3+ years of relevant classroom instructional experience in a technical training environment teaching integrated low voltage electronics, software systems, and/or IP networking.
- Experience with AMAG’s Symmetry portfolio is a plus but not required with equivalent experience.
- Fed/Gov or DoD security industry knowledge and experience is a plus.
About the Company:
AMAG Technology is part of G4S, the world’s largest security company. AMAG Technology, Inc's Symmetry Security Management Systems can be found in a wide spectrum of markets: government, commercial, education, transportation, healthcare, retail and banking.
AMAG Technology has been at the leading edge of access control technology for over 30 years. As AMAG Technology looks to the future, the next generation of products will bring the core aspects of security to the next step beyond integrated solutions – Symmetry™.
Why Work for AMAG?
- Competitive Salary
- Medical, Dental, Vision, and Disability Plans
- Life Insurance
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Employee Assistance Program
- 401(k) match
- Paid Time Off & Paid Holidays
- Employee referral program
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Professional Certification Reimbursement
Equal Opportunity Employer/Minorities/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
VEVRAA Federal Contractor
Jobs that might be of interest:Product Manager
Location: Nationwide, United States
Apply now Inside Sales Representative
Location: Western Coast, United States
Apply now Marketing Officer
Location: Preston, Lancashire
Apply now Technical Trainer
Location: East Coast, United States
Apply now Sales Operations Analyst
Location: Abu Dhabi