Technical Support EngineerLocation: Tewkesbury, United Kingdom | Salary: Up to 37000 | Posted: 5 May 2022 | Business Unit: UK Secure Solutions | Contracted Hours: Full-time | Employee Status: Permanent | Reference: T220000EL
G4S Fire & Security Systems (UK) is part of G4S Secure Solutions (UK), the UK's largest private provider of security solutions. An exciting opportunity has arisen for an experienced or recent Graduate to Join our Technical Support Engineering team at our site-based in Tewkesbury. The position is permanent, full time, working 40hrs per week working on site.
- Provide 1st / 2nd/3rd line telephone technical support to UK engineers and customers on a range of security products.
- To be able to recreate field reported problems for internal fault diagnostics.
- To provide on-site capability to commission systems and diagnose system faults.
- To be able to manage support tickets between internal project builds.
- To provide timely and accurate responses to engineers related to technical issues.
- To maintain accurate and timely records of all technical issues in the company fault recording system.
- Understand the impact and importance of a customer issue and relay clear concise information to the suppliers.
- Research and identify problems that have been reported from other departments, engineers and customers.
- To make presentations of product related functionality to other team members, departments and customers.
- Provide technical reference services (i.e. technical manual lookup) to field based engineers on a range of 3rd party Access Control, CCTV, Intruder Alarm, Intercom and Fire Systems.
- Keep up-to-date with new technologies and various 3rd party technology products. This may involve self-learning and a willingness to participate in internal and/or external training courses which may involve out of hours working.
- To participate, as required, in the company's Quality program.
You will have:
- A good understanding Knowledge of current IT systems including:
- MS SQL Databases, MS Operating systems both Server and Client.
- Strong analytical skills, enquiring and investigative mind. Able to get to the root causes of a problem and communicate this clearly to others.
- Knowledge of LAN / WAN networking
- Knowledge of Virtual Environment Technology (Hyper-V, VMWare)
- Knowledge of Storage Technology (SAN
- Storage Area Network)
- Ability to multitask on several technical issues at one time with frequent interruptions.
- Quality orientated with a focus on attention to detail.
- Able to work on own and in a team environment. Share information with the team.
- Good time management skills; able to meet project deadlines.
Salary of up to £25- £37,000
25 days annual leave
Perks at Work Scheme
Jobs that might be of interest: