Technical Project ManagerLocation: Lincoln | Salary: £35,000 - £38,000 based on full time hours of 40pw. | Posted: 25 Feb 2019 | Closes: 8 Mar 2019 | Job Type: Permanent & Full-time | Region / Division: UK & Ireland | Reference: G4S/US/4501
In 2012 G4S and Lincolnshire Police formed a Strategic Partnership and we are now currently looking for individuals who are interested in joining us as a Technical Project Manager.
This is a full time position for 40 hours per week. The post is based at Lincolnshire Police Headquarters, Nettleham. The benefits of working from this location include; free car parking and 24 hours use of a free gym.
The successful candidate will support the delivery of business strategy and the IT programme by taking responsibility for the development and delivery of IT projects to defined and agreed time, cost, and quality parameters.
The jobholder will have and will maintain a thorough technical understanding of information technology systems with a specialisation in infrastructure systems such as networks, desktop systems, servers, and storage.
The jobholder will also define service strategy and working practices in line with Company Policy and processes to maximise systems availability and performance to support the business operations of G4S Policing Support Services and its clients.They will ensure that service solutions in place have sufficient capacity to meet varying business demand, and are maintainable, expandable, fit for purpose, and capable of delivering ongoing business value and benefit.
Create and maintain positive communications to ensure effective working relationships with individuals, teams and colleagues.
- Help to define and implement IT projects, ensuring that all necessary control mechanisms are in place to monitor activity and ensure delivery within agreed time / cost / quality parameters.
- Ensure that projects are delivered to the agreed methodology, in line with the IT Senior Project Managers requirements.
- Plan projects, ensuring that all aspects for successful delivery are covered (e.g. finances, resources, environments etc).
- Manage and control the programme/project ensuring that defined and agreed deliverables are produced according to the agreed schedule.
- Ensure that all risks and issues are managed and accepted or resolved as appropriate.
- Ensure that all proposed changes to agreed baselines are effectively controlled and time, cost, quality parameters are adjusted appropriately.
- Report progress and variance to agreed plans and ensure that state of the programme / project is appropriately communicated to the project team and key stakeholders.
- Ensure that programmes and projects are reviewed on a regular basis
- Coach and support project teams to ensure best practice and business excellence are applied consistently and resources are utilised efficiently and effectively.
- Lead project teams to design and implement IT systems
- Lead IT workstreams as required
- Plan, schedule and manage IT projects, liaising with key stakeholders, ensuring effective IT solutions are delivered to the business in line with management requirements, company policies and contractual requirements.
- Identify risks and issues within IT projects and ensuring contingency/remediation plans are developed and executed.
- Oversee the financial control of IT projects ensuring costs are managed within financial parameters.
- Select, contract with and manage IT suppliers as required in line with company guidelines to ensure the delivery of best value to the business.
- Assist the IT senior management team with strategy, service development and planning as required
- Design and own the implementation of new IT systems
- Develop a positive perception amongst G4S and its clients through strong, credible communication and relationship management, high business and technology appreciation and service leadership.
- Determine skill requirements and staff assignment for current area of responsibility
- Maintain a detailed knowledge of current practice in own area of expertise
The Ideal Candidate:
Essential Skills and Knowledge
- Significant project delivery experience over full lifecycle
- Ability to plan and manage projects and project workstreams
- A detailed understanding of IT systems
- Ability to problem-solve
- Ability to produce good quality project documentation
- Ability to communicate effectively and professionally
- Supplier and stakeholder management
- Commercial & financial management
- Managing teams
- Understand Prince2 and Agile project management methodologies
- Understand ITIL processes and procedures
Desirable Skills and Knowledge
- Prince2 qualifications
- Knowledge of application development
- Business analysis knowledge
- ITIL qualification
- Experience of working within the Policing market sector
Jobs that might be of interest:IT Trainer
Location: Lincoln & Skegness
Apply now First Aid & Operational Trainer
Location: Lincoln & Skegness
Apply now Resourcing Coordinator
Location: Worksop, Nottinghamshire
Apply now Caretaker / Driver (Part time 24 hours per week)
Apply now Part Time Cleaner
Location: Rotherham, Barnsley