Technical 2 Technical Support Engineer Torrance, California & Competitive
Technical 2 Technical Support EngineerLocation: Torrance, California | Salary: Competitive | Posted: 29 Jun 2018 | Closes: 28 Feb 2019 | Job Type: Permanent & Full-time | Business Unit: US – AMAG Technology | Region / Division: AMAG Technology
This position exists within the Technical Support department. The main functions of the Technical Support department are:
- To provide oral and written responses to technical enquiries.
- To provide product training to installers \ distributors \ Customers.
- To provide 3rd line technical support to Customers related to commissioning, training and fault finding.
- To be able to recreate field reported problems to enable the development department to correct the fault.
- To provide an on-site capability to commission, train and diagnose system faults.
- To provide timely and accurate responses to customer related issues.
- To represent AMAG in a customer facing role regarding problems.
- To make presentations of product related functionality to other team members, departments and customers.
- Understand the impact and importance of a customer issue and relay clear concise information to the post development support team
- Repeat problems that have been reported from other departments, customers and distributors.
- Provide engineer and end user training.
- Liaising with customers with regard to implementation issues specifically related to customer IT platforms.
- To participate, as required, in the company's Quality program.
- Occasional travel often at short notice with periods of travel up to 2 weeks in duration
The Ideal Candidate:
- Degree level education or equivalent in computing or electronics/computing.
- Experience with working in a similar role desirable
- Needs to be customer facing and have the ability to engage and communicate with customer contacts with a high level of IT understanding
- Must be able to work on own and in a team environment with good time management skills and the ability to meet project deadlines
- Ability to write clear, well structured reports and instructions
- Must possess a valid Driver's License
About the Company:
AMAG Technology, Inc.’s Symmetry Security Management Systems can be found in a wide spectrum of markets: government, commercial, education, transportation, healthcare, retail and banking. Based in Torrance, California with sales and support located throughout the U.S., AMAG sells its products through its certified resellers throughout North America. AMAG Technology is part of G4S, the world’s largest security company. AMAG Technology has been at the forefront of access control technology for over 30 years. As AMAG Technology looks to the future, the next generation of products will bring the core aspects of security to the next step beyond integrated solutions – Symmetry™.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity