Team Leader Ashford, Kent £22,792.00
Team LeaderLocation: Ashford, Kent | Salary: £22,792.00 | Posted: 16 Jan 2019 | Closes: 30 Jan 2019 | Job Type: Permanent & Full-time | Business Unit: UK Patient Transport Services | Region / Division: UK & Ireland
Team Leader - Patient Transport Services
£22,792.00 Per annum
To ensure the effective and efficient day-to-day resource of operation within the patient transport department by coordinating the distribution of patient journey’s and managing the operational staff. To ensure the effective and efficient day-to-day resource of operation within the patient transport department by coordinating the distribution of patient journey’s and managing the operational staff.
- Lead, motivate and monitor staff in order to develop and improve their skills, so that customer expectations are continually met or exceeded.
- To understand patients special needs and mobility to ensure their safe transport ensuring the patients dignity and respect is maintained
- Drive an ambulance or ambulance car.
- Operate interchangeably as either driver or attendant in a single person or 2- person ambulance crew and act and promote teamwork to ensure high standards of service delivery.
- Ensure the contracted service is delivered on a timely basis to the required standard in line with policies and procedures.
- Available to transport patient as required
- Organise and allocate resources to optimise service delivery.
- Liaise with external agencies as required, ensuring that contractual issues are resolved & co-operation is achieved.
- Provide support and advice to Ambulance Crews
- Assist in the planning of the shift rosters, ensuring relevant cover throughout the year
- You will be required to assist the controllers transporting patient
- Undertake supervision of journey to ensure compliance
- Undertake regular checks to ensure cleaning requirement/rota’s are achieved
- Ensure vehicle and equipment checks are completed as required
- Deal with staff matters which arise as first point of contact
- Follow all appropriate safety procedures and report any potential hazards or possible misuse of the service to the Contract Manager/Service Delivery Manager.
- Carry out any other duties relevant to the role as directed by your Contract Manager and/or Service Delivery Manager.
- The post holder must not divulge any confidential information to an unauthorised person that they may access during their employment
The Ideal Candidate:
- Full driving license required (including categories C1 & D1)
- Ability to work effectively as part of a team
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Application of common sense approach
- Physically fit able to lift patients.
- A caring attitude towards patients and an outgoing, friendly manner, able to show empathy
- The post holder must be willing to undergo suitable training including Manual Handling, Risk Assessment, Customer Services, client induction and first aid.
- Demonstrate high level of commitment to the provision of an efficient and effective service
- Ability to work to deadlines, at times under considerable pressure, without compromising standards of performance, calm under pressure e
- Completed, clear enhanced DBS check
- Able to ensure confidentiality
- Able to deal with multiple tasks and prioritise
- Able to work on own initiative
- Flexible approach to work
- Ability to remain calm and professional at all times
- Previous Team Leader/Supervisor experience
- Knowledge of Patient Transport Services
- Experience of working in confidential environment
- Basic literacy and numeracy are required. Formal qualifications (apart from a full, current UK driving license) are less important than the appropriate manner and attitude to patients, clients and colleagues.
- Geographical knowledge of the local area to be worked within
Safety is of paramount importance and the post holder must ensure that safe systems of work are followed without compromise. The post holder needs to be committed to maintaining high standards of customer care and service delivery that will include the responsibility of adequate safeguarding and prevent training and awareness and an understanding of reporting concerns to the line manager.
Jobs that might be of interest:Ambulance Driver - Queen Elizabeth Hospital
Apply now Ambulance Driver - Lewisham
Apply now Senior Coordinator - Rotas
Location: Chelmsford, Essex
Apply now Contact Centre Team Leader
Location: Chelmsford, Essex
Apply now Ambulance Driver - RNOH
Location: North West London