Team Leader - Social Worker Gatwick, West Sussex & £28,0000
Team Leader - Social WorkerLocation: Gatwick, West Sussex | Salary: £28,0000 | Posted: 27 Dec 2018 | Closes: 17 Jan 2019 | Job Type: Permanent & Full-time | Business Unit: UK Central Government Services | Region / Division: UK & Ireland
Team Leader (Social Worker) - Children's and Welfare Service
Gatwick Immigration Removal Centre - Tinsley
£28,000 - £28,500 per anum plus £3,000 per annum on call allowance
Full Time - 40 hours per week
As the world’s leading security solutions group with operations in over 120 countries and more than 625,000 employees worldwide, G4S is a truly unique company. We’re bigger, more diverse and involved in more fascinating, cutting-edge projects than many people would imagine and we now have an opportunity for a Team Leader to join our team at Gatwick IRC's - Tinsley House within the Children's and Welfare Service.
As the largest private provider of Immigration Services for the UK Border Agency (UKBA), G4S is responsible for providing a safe and secure environment for people being detained due to their immigration status. Our Contract locations are situated near Gatwick Airport and can accommodate just under 600 male/female detainees with an ever changing population.
As part of our continuing development, we’re now looking for confident and approachable team players who are committed to providing a high quality service for the people in our care.
The successful candidate will be required to manage a team of project workers in the Gatwick IRC’s Children’s & Welfare Service team, ensuring effective service delivery and welfare standards are achieved and maintained
- Supervise a team to maximise their performance and ensure values, ethical standards, equality and diversity, policies and procedures and contractual requirements are met.
- Assist in the promotion of a positive Health & Safety culture to achieve and maintain the appropriate internal and external Health & Safety accreditations.
- Manage the provision of high quality standards of care within the childcare services centre in line with contract, legislation, regulations and the inspection framework.
- Liaise with external bodies, including Social Services and Hibiscus, maintaining good working relationships to ensure the co-ordination and implementation of relevant initiatives, activities and best practice.
- Manage resource on a day to day basis to ensure contract compliance and service delivery standards are met and maintained and can be performance measured on these targets
- Encourage a culture of openness, care and a safe environment where families and employees are treated with dignity, respect and openness
- Liaise with delivery partners to continuously improve service delivery and the Family’s journey
- Act as part of on-call roster for Social Work support
The Ideal Candidate:
- Qualified Social Worker
- Experience within a welfare setting
- Ability to use Word, Excel, PowerPoint & Outlook Email & Calendar
- Experience and qualifications in childcare, teaching or related professions -Level 3Diploma in Children & Young Peoples Workforce
- Line management experience
- Experience of project/ work planning, monitoring and reviewing
- Understanding of the legislative framework and contractual requirements in respect of childcare
- Ability to speak a second language
If you join us, you can be sure that you’ll find a secure, friendly and professional working environment and be given all the support, training and encouragement you need to build and develop a successful career with us. Our benefits are as you would expect from a large global organisation and include a company pension, comprehensive training, career development, and a generous holiday entitlement.
Please note that these vacancies are subject to a 5 year checkable history and the strict vetting standards set by G4S and the Secretary of State for the Home Office and are exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act.
You must be eligible to work in the UK and must have been resident in the UK for a minimum period of 5 years. You will also need to provide full details of your employment and education history for the last 10 years as part of the security screening process for this role.
Jobs that might be of interest:Barber
Location: Gatwick, West Sussex
Apply now Detainee Custody Officer
Location: Gatwick, West Sussex
Apply now Team Leader - Patient Transport Services (UCLH)
Location: London, Greater London
Apply now Deputy Head of Education
Location: Milton Keynes, Buckinghamshire
Apply now Planner