Team Leader - Patient Transport Services (UCLH) London, Greater London £22,000
Team Leader - Patient Transport Services (UCLH)Location: London, Greater London | Salary: £22,000 | Posted: 1 Apr 2019 | Closes: 27 May 2019 | Job Type: Permanent & Full-time | Business Unit: UK Patient Transport Services | Region / Division: UK & Ireland
Team Leader - Patient Transport Services
UCLH, NW1 2BU
£22,000 per annum
Full Time - 45 hours per week
To ensure the effective, efficient and safe day-to-day resource of operations by coordinating the distribution of patient journey’s and managing the operational staff.To ensure the effective, efficient and safe day-to-day resource of operations by coordinating the distribution of patient journey’s and managing the operational staff.
- Lead, motivate and monitor staff in order to develop and improve their skills, so that customer expectations are continually met or exceeded.
- To liaise with Clinical staff to understand patient’s special needs and mobility to ensure their safe transport ensuring the patients dignity and respect is maintained.
- Operate interchangeably as either driver or attendant in a single person or 2- person ambulance crew and act and promote teamwork to ensure high standards of service delivery.
- Ensure the contracted service is delivered on a timely basis to the required standard in line with policies and procedures.
- Available to transport patients as required.
- Engage with Ward staff and patients to organise, and allocate resources, to optimise service delivery.
- Liaise with external agencies as required, ensuring that contractual issues are resolved & co-operation is achieved.
- Provide support and advice to Ambulance Crews
- Assist in the planning of the shift rosters, ensuring relevant cover throughout the year
- Assist the Day controllers in planning the efficient and safe transport of patients
- Undertake supervision of journey to ensure compliance
- Undertake regular checks to ensure cleaning requirement/rota’s are achieved
- Ensure vehicle and equipment checks are completed as required
- Deal with staff matters which arise as first point of contact
- Follow all appropriate safety procedures and report any potential hazards or possible misuse of the service to the Service Delivery Manager.
- Carry out any other duties relevant to the role as directed by your Area Manager and/or Service Delivery Manager.
- The post holder must not divulge any confidential information to an unauthorised person that they may access during their employment
- Excellent patient feedback with no customer complaints
- Vehicles and equipment always kept clean and fully maintained with any issues always reported in line with set schedules.
- Fully up to date with manual handling techniques and use of equipment
- Deadlines met for production of data and tasks completed
- Vehicle and equipment servicing and maintenance records always accurate and up to date
- Accurate up to date records kept in an easily accessible filing system at all times that meets all Company and Group standards
- Good health and safety record with no accidents or health and safety issues
- Works well within the team
- Efficient information/data support service provided to Contract Manager and Assistant Contract Manager where appropriate
- Mail collected and posted within timeframes as set within the Contract
- Helpful, pleasant and polite manner to colleagues and client at all times
- Always maintains confidentiality
The Ideal Candidate:
- Full driving license required with no more than 3 points
- Ability to work effectively as part of a team with strong communication skills, interpersonal skills and the application of a common sense approach
- Duties will involve lifting and moving patients
- A caring attitude towards patients and outgoing friendly manger, able to show empathy
- IHCD FPOS (Advanced level)
- Demonstrate high level of commitment to the provision of an efficient and effective service
- Ability to work to deadlines, at times under considerable pressure, without compromising standards of performance, calm under pressure and be and professional at all times
- Previous Team Leader/Supervisor experience
- Knowledge of Patient Transport Services
- Experience of working in confidential environment
- Basic literacy and numeracy are required
- Geographical knowledge of the local area to be worked within
Safety is of paramount importance and the post holder must ensure that safe systems of work are followed without compromise. The post holder needs to be committed to maintaining high standards of customer care and service delivery that will include the responsibility of adequate safeguarding and prevent training and awareness and an understanding of reporting concerns to the line manager.
Jobs that might be of interest:Logistics Coordinator
Apply now Detainee Custody Officer
Location: Gatwick, West Sussex
Apply now Teacher - IT
Location: Milton Keynes, Buckinghamshire
Apply now Operations Director
Apply now Unit Engineer - Electrical
Location: Liverpool, Merseyside