Teacher Milton Keynes, Buckinghamshire £30,897 - £35,846
TeacherLocation: Milton Keynes, Buckinghamshire | Salary: £30,897 - £35,846 | Posted: 8 Aug 2019 | Closes: 22 Aug 2019 | Job Type: Permanent & Full-time | Business Unit: UK Central Government Services | Region / Division: UK & Ireland | Reference: 8021
Acorn Education Centre, Oakhill Secure Training Centre, Milton Keynes
Salary range : £30,897 - £35,846 per annum
Full Time (40 hours per week)
At Oakhill Secure Training Centre in Milton Keynes, we provide care and education for young people aged 13 to 18 years who have been sentenced or remanded to custody. During their time with us, they attend education sessions at our on-site education facility, as well as taking part in offending behaviour programmes designed to help them address the actions and attitudes that led them to custody. Our aim for all of the young people at Oakhill is to help them to understand why they have come to us and give them the support and guidance they need for when they are released.
We deliver the following subjects as part of our academic curriculum: maths, English, PE, Employability Skills, PSHCE and Digital Literacy. We are seeking a teacher who can offer one or more of these subjects to at least KS4 level.
- Plan, develop and deliver allocated education in accordance with the timetable and National Curriculum so that individual young people’s needs are met.
- Prepare, implement and monitor individual education plans so that individuals’ needs are met.
- Liaise with relevant key stakeholders to ensure an integrated approach to the young people’s care and education.
- Monitor young people’s progress and undertake assessments so that they receive appropriate support and have the opportunity to achieve recognised qualifications.
- Assist in the development of educational materials ensuring quality and consistency of approach.
- Complete all documentation as required to meet the needs of the Company, the contract and relevant external bodies.
- Manage the teaching environment ensuring security of equipment and welfare of the young people in line with contractual requirements.
- Assist in maintaining a positive Health & Safety culture to support the recognition as a British Safety Council 5 Star business unit.
- Assist as required with the overall education provision to optimise services delivered.
The Ideal Candidate:
We’re looking for a fully qualified and experienced Teacher to join us and deliver high quality lessons to all our students. As part of our education team, you’ll play a vital role in the rehabilitation and resettlement of the young people, through the provision of an effective education programme that provides opportunities for them to gain nationally recognised qualifications.
As a resourceful and adaptable team player with effective communication and interpersonal skills, you’ll need a PGCE pre-16 qualification along with experience in teaching Maths. Strong organisational skills coupled with the ability to motivate, inspire and bring out the best in others along with a non-judgmental and open-minded attitude are essential.
This is a diverse role, but not easy as the young people can be unpredictable and confrontational at times. Working with some of the most difficult young people in the country, you’ll need to be confident, assertive and resilient with plenty of life experience.
If you join us, you can be sure that you’ll find a secure, friendly and professional working environment and be given all the support, training and encouragement you need to build and develop a successful career with us. Our benefits include a company pension, comprehensive training, career development, and a generous holiday entitlement,
Please note that this vacancy is subject to a 10 year checkable history and the strict vetting standards set by G4S and the Youth Justice Board and is exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act.
You must be eligible to work in the UK and must have been resident in the UK for a minimum period of 3 years. You will also need to provide full details of your employment and education history for the last 10 years as part of the security screening process for this role.
Jobs that might be of interest:Operations Manager Fine Art UK
Apply now Cleaner - HMP Altcourse
Location: Liverpool, Merseyside