Teacher - Health, Wellness and Nutrition BRIDGEND £27,893.49 - £32.302.92
Teacher - Health, Wellness and NutritionLocation: BRIDGEND | Salary: £27,893.49 - £32.302.92 | Posted: 4 Oct 2021 | Closes: 18 Oct 2021 | Job Type: Permanent & Full-time | Business Unit: UK Central Government Services | Region / Division: UK & Ireland | Reference: 10636
Teacher - Health, Wellness and Nutrition
G4S Care and Rehabilitation Services
HMP Parc, Bridgend, CF35 6AP
Salary £27,893.49 - £32,302.92 per annum
Permanent, Full Time (40 hours per week)
Benefits: Company Pension, free on-site parking, on-site canteen, local Gym discounts, ongoing training and development and access to High Street Shop discounts.
Within Care and Rehabilitation Services, the philosophy of our prisons is to rehabilitate offenders and equip them to re-integrate into mainstream society on release. We seek to normalise prison conditions as far as possible to reflect life in the outside community. Our aim is to create an environment in which staff and prisoners feel safe and causes of prison stress are minimised. Central to our philosophy is the relationship between staff and prisoners. Our training and operational practices emphasise the need to treat prisoners with dignity and respect and G4S staff build positive and supportive relationships with the prisoners in their care. HMP & YOI Parc accommodates 1038 convicted male adult prisoners and remand/ convicted young offenders and young people in a secure but modern environment.
We are recruiting a Teacher of Health, Wellbeing and Nutrition to join our multidisciplinary team of teaching professionals as part of the Vulnerable Person’s Education Department at HMP & YOI Parc.
The purpose of this role is to help develop and roll out an effective Health, Wellness, and Nutrition & Lifestyle program and assist students in improving and managing their quality of life by maintaining good health and promoting wellbeing, which will fundamentally assist in improving and enhancing an individual's overall mental wellbeing.
As a Teacher of Health, Wellness, Nutrition & Lifestyle you will help your students to develop the knowledge, skills, and confidence to manage their own health and wellbeing and empower your students to make positive lifestyle changes.
Who are we looking for?
We are looking for suitable candidates who are highly motivated to work on their own initiative and share a passion for lifestyle intervention.
First and foremost, we require a Teacher of Health, Wellness and Nutrition to have the following:
- Relevant professional experience and subject specific qualifications, (including equivalent life /career experience)
- Teaching qualification - PGCE (PCET) or Cert Ed or working towards teacher status.
- TAQA Internal Verifier award/V1 or equivalent
- SEND Qualification
- Passionate about Health, Wellness and lifestyle intervention.
- Experience of working with adult learners experiencing behavioural problems.
- Experience and or knowledge of delivering within a similar related custodial or health related setting.
The Ideal Candidate:
Within this exciting and challenging role, you will be responsible for the delivery of a number of Health, Wellness and Nutrition & Lifestyle courses to our residents within our VPU.
You will be expected to deliver evidence-based Health & Wellness and Nutrition based programs at all levels of the Health & Wellbeing and Nutrition Curriculum.
- To contribute and advise on the curriculum development in the area of Health, Wellness, Nutrition & Lifestyle, this will include the planning, development, implementation and evaluation of courses.
- Ability to use initiative to develop Healthy Lifestyles Initiatives
- Be creative and innovative in approach to Healthy Lifestyles Initiatives
- Communicate and work closely with our Horticulture and Sport department.
- To monitor and track the progress of the learner according to the requirements of the learner's needs, awarding the body and the prison.
- To keep an individual learning plan for each learner.
- To take responsibility for the management of the classroom, paying particular regard to the computer equipment and curriculum equipment as appropriate.
- You will be expected to update your skills on a regular basis and participate in staff development activities and relevant internal and external training events.
- To ensure that all preparation, marking, assessment and moderation is completed promptly and efficiently within agreed timescales.
- To undertake all administrative duties related to the monitoring and review systems of the learning skills programme and the prison regime.
- To attend meetings and working groups as required.
- To prepare, review and update regularly, curricular and associated training schemes and materials have them available for observations as required.
- To assist students in reaching their long term aims, employability, career progression, further education and training and / or to live as independently as possible.
- Carry out student questionnaires and elicit feedback on the quality of training and learning.
- Contribute to course reviews and the setting, implementation and monitoring of action plans.
- The ability to relate and motivate students from a variety of backgrounds and employ effective training strategies.
- To attend meetings of education, vocational teams and other working groups, as appropriate.
- To implement appropriate Health & Safety policies.
- To undertake other reasonable duties from time to time, as required by the Head of Learning and Skills and the Vulnerable Persons Innovations Curriculum Manager for this area.
- An enthusiasm for all aspects of education and training with a commitment to the well-being of students.
- Sound interpersonal skills.
- A flexible and responsive attitude.
- An enthusiasm for your subject area.
- An ability and willingness to innovate and demonstrate self-motivation.
- A willingness and ability to be an effective team member.
- A willingness to participate in appropriate staff development activities.
- An ability to manage challenging behaviour.
- An ability to deal with security issues.
- An understanding of the needs of socially excluded young people and adults.
- An awareness of, and commitment to, the promotion of equal opportunities and the recognition of diversity.
If you join us, you can be sure that you’ll find a secure, friendly and professional working environment and be given all the support, training and encouragement you need to build and develop a successful career with us.
HMP Parc encourages applications from Welsh speakers.
Equality and Diversity is an important part of G4S Care and Rehabilitation Services. We actively encourage applications from all diverse groups.
Please note that these vacancies are subject to a 5 year checkable history and the strict vetting standards set by G4S and the Secretary of State for the Home Office and are exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act.
You must be eligible to work in the UK and must have been resident in the UK for a minimum period of 3 years. You will also need to provide full details of your employment and education history for the last 5 years as part of the security screening process for this role.