Teacher - Food Technology Milton Keynes, Buckinghamshire £31,515 - £36,563
Teacher - Food TechnologyLocation: Milton Keynes, Buckinghamshire | Salary: £31,515 - £36,563 | Posted: 22 Nov 2019 | Closes: 6 Dec 2019 | Job Type: Permanent & Full-time | Business Unit: UK Central Government Services | Region / Division: UK & Ireland | Reference: 8381
TEACHER - FOOD TECHNOLOGY
Oakhill Secure Training Centre, Milton Keynes, MK5 6AJ
Salary range : £31,515 - £36,563 per annum
Full-time (40 hours per week)
The opportunity to do an extraordinary job – every day.
Working at Oakhill Secure Training Centre (STC) is no ordinary job. But if you have what it takes, it is a very rewarding career.
The Centre is located in Milton Keynes and we provide care and education for young people aged 12 to 18 years who have been sentenced or remanded to custody. During their time with us, they attend education within our on-site facility, as well as taking part in offending behaviour programmes designed to help them address the actions and attitudes that led them to custody. Our aim for all of the young people at Oakhill is to help them to develop the skills they need to enable them to thrive when released.
We deliver the following subjects as part of our academic curriculum: maths, English, PE, Employability Skills, PSHCE and Digital Literacy.
We are looking for a fully qualified and experienced Teacher to join us and deliver high quality lessons to all our students. As part of our education team, you’ll play a vital role in the rehabilitation and resettlement of the young people, through the provision of an effective education programme that provides opportunities for them to gain nationally recognised qualifications.
Key Responsibilities aligned to this role are:
- Plan, develop and deliver allocated education in accordance with the timetable and National Curriculum so that individual young people’s needs are met.
- Liaise with relevant key stakeholders to ensure an integrated approach to the young people’s care and education.
- Monitor young people’s progress and undertake assessments so that they receive appropriate support and have the opportunity to achieve recognised qualifications.
- Assist in the development of educational materials ensuring quality and consistency of approach.
- Complete all documentation as required to meet the needs of the Company, the contract and relevant external bodies.
- Manage the teaching environment ensuring security of equipment and welfare of the young people in line with contractual requirements.
- Assist in maintaining a positive Health & Safety culture to support the recognition as a British Safety Council 5 Star business unit.
- Ensure the maintenance of security within the centre environment by compliance with security instructions.
The Ideal Candidate:
As a resourceful and adaptable team player with effective communication and interpersonal skills, you’ll need a PGCE pre-16 qualification along with experience in teaching Food Technology. Strong organisational skills coupled with the ability to motivate, inspire and bring out the best in others along with a non-judgmental and open-minded attitude are essential.
This is a diverse role, but not easy as the young people can be unpredictable and confrontational at times. You will need to be confident, assertive and resilient with plenty of life experience, common sense and a firm but fair approach.
If you join us, you can be sure that you’ll find a secure, friendly and professional working environment and be given all the support, training and encouragement you need to build and develop a successful career with us. Our benefits include a company pension, comprehensive training, career development and other benefits such as free onsite parking.
Safeguarding young people is our primary focus and the welfare of the Young Person child is paramount. Therefore we have a corporate responsibility to ensure that the safeguarding and our G4S values are at the centre of all we do.
Oakhill STC embraces diversity and promotes equality of opportunity. We also operate in line with safer recruitment guidelines and our equality and diversity policy. We recruit by merit on the basis of fair and open competition. To apply for this role, you must be eligible to work in the UK and must have been resident in the UK for a minimum of 5 years. Experience of working with young people is desirable. You will also be required to undergo DBS enhanced level security clearance and will need to provide full details of your work and educational history covering the last 10 years as part of the screening process for the role.
Jobs that might be of interest:Part Time Clinical Psychologist
Location: MILTON KEYNES, Buckinghamshire
Apply now Cleaner
Location: Milton Keynes, Buckinghamshire
Apply now RGN
Location: Rugby, Warwickshire
Apply now Voluntary Car Driver- Lewisham
Location: London, Greater London
Apply now Ambulance Driver (ACA) - Barking Havering & Redbridge
Location: London, Greater London