Systems Engineer Sunnyvale, California Competitive
Systems EngineerLocation: Sunnyvale, California | Salary: Competitive | Posted: 18 Jun 2021 | Closes: 30 Sep 2021 | Job Type: Permanent & Full-time | Business Unit: US - G4S Secure Integration | Region / Division: G4S Technology | Reference: CA061821SE
G4S Secure Integration is looking for a Systems Engineer to administer and maintain systems and networks based on customer contract requirements and specifications for communications and security applications.
Assist in the development of cost
estimates for upgrade and repair of these systems and networks.
Work with other disciplines to develop total solutions for customers.
Provide leadership on assigned projects to ensure service is provided to G4S Technology’s standards.
Generate technical diagrams, as-built drawings, test plans and procedures, implementation plans, and project schedules.
Perform written and oral presentations of technical information. Interact with customers, subcontractors, vendors, and
suppliers, as necessary, to provide systems administration expertise.
When necessary, perform technician-type duties, such as installing intrusion detection, access control, CCTV, and data communication systems and/or managing subcontractors performing
On-site work may include installation and configuration of head-end computer
systems; installation, termination, and calibration of field devices and sensors; and installation of communication infrastructure, including conduit, enclosures, and fiber optic cables.
The Ideal Candidate:
- Associates of Applied Science in an Information Technology discipline is desired.
- 3+ years of experience in system or network administration is required.
- An acceptable equivalent combination of education and experience will be considered.
- Must be proficient with software tools, such as spreadsheets, Microsoft® Word, and project scheduling.
- Must have excellent communications skills, both oral and written.
- Must have the ability to train and mentor other employees.
- Experience administering major vendors’ access control and intrusion detection systems, such as Lenel.
- Certified in Lenel and Milestone
- Technical knowledge and experience including all Windows OS platforms, DHCP, TCP/IP, switching, routing, and NT/2000/2003 server administration.
- Knowledge and experience with 802.11, WI-MAX class products and RF systems a plus.
- Knowledge in network security including firewalls, virtual private networks, and encryption.
- Knowledge in provisioning and configuring routers and switches.
About the Company:
G4S brings your systems together. We design, build and maintain stand-alone and integrated security systems. A trusted partner to customers and suppliers, G4S takes great pride in delivering outstanding expertise and superior service.
We have the ability to provide full turnkey services: taking a customer’s requirements, developing the concept, designing the network, selecting the product that best fits the requirements, and completing the installation.
Why Work for G4S?
- Competitive Salary
- Medical, Dental, Vision, and Disability Plans
- Life Insurance
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Employee Assistance Program
- 401(k) match
- Paid Time Off & Paid Holidays
- Employee referral program
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Professional Certification Reimbursement
Equal Opportunity Employer/Minorities/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity VEVRAA Federal Contractor
Jobs that might be of interest: