Systems Engineer Nationwide, United States Competitive
Systems EngineerLocation: Nationwide, United States | Salary: Competitive | Posted: 19 May 2021 | Closes: 30 Nov 2021 | Job Type: Permanent & Full-time | Business Unit: US – AMAG Technology | Region / Division: AMAG Technology | Reference: US051921SE
AMAG is seeking a Systems Engineer to join our Client Services team to work on Enterprise Scale customer accounts.
We Specialize in End to End solutions for Physical and Identity management that scale from single Windows based Client\Server with SQL backend connecting to AMAG’s own IoT field devices up to Enterprise scale External Web facing solutions that provide Scalability, Security and Redundancy on customer provided IT solutions.
Our Solutions use Windows and Linux installed in bare metal and a variety of visualized and containerized solutions with multiple applications and services integrated to provide an overall solution.
AMAG is looking for a highly motivated individual that has a wide experience of the above technologies together with expertise in deployment within a customer’s IT environment, which can be demanding in terms of both restrictions and the need to be able to explain the application deployment in depth.
- Utilize the appropriate logging, monitoring and alerting tools needed to provide insight into application health and customer issues
- Execute and document the deployment process for cloud and on premise deployments.
- Provide technical guidance for customer installs
- Provide technical guidance for installed systems having issues
- Assess all tools currently used and providing technical leadership in their use and support as well as suggesting alternatives
- Identify and proactively make recommendations for continuous improvement on DevOps services provided
- Document the process and tasks being taught so it can be standardized and cross trained across the team
- Provide Exceptional Customer Service at all times.
- Provide remote deployment and support services to customers
- Travel to customer sites as necessary to perform acceptance testing, installation assistance and project specific assistance.
- Support other departments in need of professional services such as Engineering, Sales staff and Development.
- Continuously work to improve the quality of AMAG Technology service delivery.
The Ideal Candidate:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent
- Wide degree of experience in related technologies plus work experience in a similar role
- An acceptable and equivalent combination of education and experience will be considered
- Be proficient in installing, configuring and maintaining software systems including Microsoft Windows Server, Linux, Microsoft SQL Server, VMware, NEC ExpressCluster and Terminal Services
- Good communication skills, both written and verbal
About the Company:
AMAG Technology is part of G4S, the world’s largest security company. AMAG Technology, Inc's Symmetry Security Management Systems can be found in a wide spectrum of markets: government, commercial, education, transportation, healthcare, retail and banking.
AMAG Technology has been at the leading edge of access control technology for over 30 years. As AMAG Technology looks to the future, the next generation of products will bring the core aspects of security to the next step beyond integrated solutions – Symmetry™.
Why Work for AMAG?
- Competitive Salary
- Medical, Dental, Vision, and Disability Plans
- Life Insurance
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Employee Assistance Program
- 401(k) match
- Paid Time Off & Paid Holidays
- Employee referral program
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Professional Certification Reimbursement
Equal Opportunity Employer/Minorities/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
VEVRAA Federal Contractor
Jobs that might be of interest:Java Developer: G4S Deposita South Africa
Apply now IT Consultant (6 months Fixed term contract)
Location: Worksop, Nottinghamshire S81 7QF - Home based with travel - South Yorkshire area
Apply now IT Field Engineer (4 months fixed-term contract)
Location: Wellingborough NN8 2NG
Apply now Information Assurance Manager
Location: Wellingborough, Northamptonshire
Apply now IT Network Engineer (3 months fixed-term contract)
Location: Wellingborough NN8 2NG