Systems Engineer III New York, New York Competitive
Systems Engineer IIILocation: New York, New York | Salary: Competitive | Posted: 24 Oct 2018 | Closes: 30 Jun 2019 | Job Type: Permanent & Full-time | Business Unit: US - G4S Secure Integration | Region / Division: G4S Technology
G4S Secure Integration is an industry leader in the design and implementation of large complex IP based security systems. We are looking for a Systems Engineer who specializes in client/server architectures and virtual environments. Within G4S, our system engineers act as both a solution architect and deployment specialist working on systems that can include advanced IP network services, virtualization, and hyper converged architectures along with traditional access control, IP video, and other related technology.
As a Systems Engineer III, you will be expected to design and deploy these solutions either on your own or leading a team of 1-2 other System Engineers or CADD Technicians. You will provide leadership/guidance to our customers during the design process to produce high quality results that meet their needs and exceed their expectations.
Depending on the project, the design output could be construction shop drawings along with supporting and closeout documentation, network design documents or some variation. During project execution you may be expected to provide remote or onsite support for the installation/configuration of the hardware/software that is included in your design.
- Review contractual documents including plans/specifications as well as customer requirements and expectations to work with the project team to develop the project deliverables, milestones, and schedule.
- Using a consultative approach with the customer, in combination with provided drawings, specifications and other documents, develop a comprehensive system design and relevant documents.
- In conjunction with the development of the design, conduct site surveys as necessary to capture relevant information.
- Lead the design development process and critical design reviews for all project opportunities.
- Ensure the design is compliant with all industry specific, local, state and national regulations.
- Clearly communicate project scope and requirements to contractors, vendors and suppliers.
- Perform provisioning, configuration and testing of system components in the lab and on-site to validate design concepts.
- Provide customer support for the installed system remotely as well as onsite visits as necessary.
- Assist with the development and mentoring of the engineering staff
- Assist with the development and maintenance of internal standards and templates
The Ideal Candidate:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Computer Science or Information Technology
- In lieu of a bachelor’s degree, 6 years designing and installing complex security or enterprise level technology systems may be considered.
- 6 years of progressive experience designing and installing complex or enterprise level security and/or technology infrastructure systems. (If using in lieu of exception total of 12 years’ experience required.)
- Understanding of basic electrical concepts
- Previous experience leading design teams and working directly with customers following a consultative approach.
- Advanced knowledge of Ethernet networking and Windows system administration
- Working knowledge of MS SQL DBMS
- Ability to pass background checks leading to security credentials for various federal, state and local agencies.
DESIRABLE EXPERIENCE AND KNOWLEDGE
- Experience/certifications in multiple access control, video surveillance and other electronic security systems.
- Ability to understand, interpret and mark up standard construction blueprints
- Understanding of the design and support phases of a construction project
- Advanced understanding of electrical concepts as they relate to electronic security system and IT hardware deployments both in a construction and data center environment.
- Experience with outdoor PTP and PTmP wireless systems
- Advanced level knowledge in MS SQL database scripting and objects
- Knowledge of 1 or more scripting or programming languages
- Experience with Fiber Optic Cable, both single-mode and multi-mode.
- Industry Certifications: BICSI (RCDD), NICET, ASIS (PSP, CPP) SIA, COMP TIA, PMI (PMP), CISSP
- Vendor Certifications: Cisco (CCNA, CCNP, CCDA, CCDP, etc.), Microsoft (MCSE), Access Control (AMAG, Honeywell, Lenel, Genetec, SoftwareHouse), Video Management (Milestone, Genetec, Exacq, Avigilon, Cameras (Axis, Bosch, Sony, Hanwha), Wireless (Fluidmesh, Siklu)
While performing the duties of this job, the incumbent is regularly required to sit; use hand and fingers, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The incumbent is required to walk daily on construction sites in rough terrain, and climb ladders and facilities under construction. The incumbent is occasionally required to stand for long periods of time. The incumbent may be required to lift and/or move up to 10 lbs. And occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 lbs. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the incumbent may split time between a semi-quiet office environment and on a construction site, where there is moderate to occasional high noise levels.
Depending on the assignment up to 50% travel may be required.
About the Company:
Why work for G4S Secure Integration?
- Global experts in the assessment, design, construction, maintenance and management of communication networks and electronic security systems\Over 20 Years of proven experience as an established large-scale systems integrator providing unified communications and security solutions
- Financially Sound Company, Highly Regarded by Customers & Industry Peers
- Highly Competitive Compensation Plan & Comprehensive Benefits Package
G4S Secure Integration is a systems integrator that brings innovative, flexible and cost efficient thinking to the design, construction and maintenance of stand-alone or integrated communication networks and electronic security systems. For over two decades, we have offered commercial, industrial and governmental clients an efficient single point of contact for all their project issues. A trusted partner to customers and suppliers around the world, G4S Secure Integration takes great pride in delivering outstanding technology, superior customer service and a great return on investment.
G4S Secure Integration has deployed over 2 million fiber miles in more than 200 metropolitan and rural areas and completed over 1,500 large-scale, electronic security systems projects in the United States, Europe, Asia, Central America, and the Middle East.
Headquartered in Omaha, Nebraska, G4S Secure Integration is managed by executives from the telecommunications, construction and security industries. For more information, visit the company’s website at www.g4s.us or call (866) 221-5641.
We offer an attractive, competitive compensation plan, an outstanding comprehensive benefits package, and significant opportunity for professional growth and advancement in the rapidly expanding security/telecommunications industry. We strongly encourage inquiries from qualified women and minority candidates. While interest from all applicants for employment with G4S Secure Integration is genuinely appreciated, we can respond only to those candidates with qualifications closest to the job requirements. For confidential consideration, please visit http://technologycareers.g4s.com/ and apply on-line. No phone calls please.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Minorities/Female/Disabled/Veteran
VEVRAA Federal Contractor
Jobs that might be of interest:Systems Engineer II
Location: New York, New York
Apply now Systems Engineer II
Location: Omaha, Nebraska
Apply now Electronic Security Engineer II
Location: Omaha, Nebraska
Apply now Systems Engineer I
Location: Omaha, Nebraska
Apply now CADD Technician II
Location: Omaha, Nebraska