Systems Engineer III Secaucus, New Jersey Competitive
Systems Engineer IIILocation: Secaucus, New Jersey | Salary: Competitive | Posted: 9 Apr 2021 | Closes: 31 Oct 2021 | Job Type: Permanent & Full-time | Business Unit: US - G4S Secure Integration | Region / Division: G4S Technology | Reference: NJ040921SEIII
G4S Secure Integration is an industry leader in the design and implementation of large complex IP based security systems. We are looking for a Systems Engineer who specializes in client/server architectures and virtual environments. Within G4S, our system engineers act as both a solution architect and deployment specialist working on systems that can include advanced IP network services, virtualization, and hyper converged architectures along with traditional access control, IP video, and other related technology.
- Lead a team of other System Engineers or CADD Technicians
- Provide leadership/guidance to our customers during the design process
- Design output could be construction shop drawings along with supporting and closeout documentation, network design documents or some variation.
- Provide remote or onsite support for the installation/configuration of the hardware/software that is included in the design
- Review contractual documents including plans/specifications as well as customer requirements and expectations to work with the project team to develop the project deliverables, milestones, and schedule.
- Using a consultative approach with the customer, in combination with provided drawings, specifications and other documents, develop a comprehensive system design and relevant documents.
- In conjunction with the development of the design, conduct site surveys as necessary to capture relevant information.
- Lead the design development process and critical design reviews for all project opportunities.
- Ensure the design is compliant with all industry specific, local, state and national regulations.
- Clearly communicate project scope and requirements to contractors, vendors and suppliers.
- Perform provisioning, configuration and testing of system components in the lab and on-site to validate design concepts.
- Provide customer support for the installed system remotely as well as onsite visits as necessary.
- Assist with the development and mentoring of the engineering staff
- Assist with the development and maintenance of internal standards and templates
The Ideal Candidate:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Computer Science or Information Technology
- 6+ years of experience designing and installing complex security or enterprise level technology systems
- A combination of education and experience will be considered.
- Understanding of basic electrical concepts
- Previous experience leading design teams and working directly with customers following a consultative approach.
- Advanced knowledge of Ethernet networking and Windows system administration
- Working knowledge of MS SQL DBMS
- Ability to pass background checks leading to security credentials for various federal, state and local agencies.
Desirable Experience and knowledge
- Experience/certifications in multiple access control, video surveillance and other electronic security systems.
- Ability to understand, interpret and mark up standard construction blueprints
- Understanding of the design and support phases of a construction project
- Advanced understanding of electrical concepts as they relate to electronic security system and IT hardware deployments both in a construction and data center environment.
- Experience with outdoor PTP and PTmP wireless systems
- Advanced level knowledge in MS SQL database scripting and objects
- Knowledge of 1 or more scripting or programming languages
- Experience with Fiber Optic Cable, both single-mode and multi-mode.
- Industry Certifications: BICSI (RCDD), NICET, ASIS (PSP, CPP) SIA, COMP TIA, PMI (PMP), CISSP
- Vendor Certifications: Cisco (CCNA, CCNP, CCDA, CCDP, etc.), Microsoft (MCSE), Access Control (AMAG, Honeywell, Lenel, Genetec, SoftwareHouse), Video Management (Milestone, Genetec, Exacq, Avigilon, Cameras (Axis, Bosch, Sony, Hanwha), Wireless (Fluidmesh, Siklu)
About the Company:
G4S brings your systems together. We design, build and maintain stand-alone and integrated security systems. A trusted partner to customers and suppliers, G4S takes great pride in delivering outstanding expertise and superior service.
We have the ability to provide full turnkey services: taking a customer’s requirements, developing the concept, designing the network, selecting the product that best fits the requirements, and completing the installation.
Why Work for G4S?
- Competitive Salary
- Medical, Dental, Vision, and Disability Plans
- Life Insurance
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Employee Assistance Program
- 401(k) match
- Paid Time Off & Paid Holidays
- Employee referral program
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Professional Certification Reimbursement
Equal Opportunity Employer/Minorities/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity VEVRAA Federal Contractor
Jobs that might be of interest: