Systems Engineer II Willowbrook, Illinois & Competitive
Systems Engineer IILocation: Willowbrook, Illinois | Salary: Competitive | Posted: 13 Sep 2018 | Closes: 28 Feb 2019 | Job Type: Permanent & Full-time | Business Unit: US - G4S Secure Integration | Region / Division: G4S Technology
The successful System Engineer II applicant will work in conjunction with a team of Systems Engineers or independently to complete the design and implementation of the contracted solution with minimal direction. Primary responsibilities for the project work include completing the detailed design, or implementing the designed solution, along with working with the team to identify, develop, and estimate appropriate change orders. This work involves, but is not limited to the following: developing drawings, performing design calculations, generate documentation, identify configurations, construct test plans and procedures, produce training plans and material, or perform the configurations, implement the testing, conduct the training, and complete the closeout. The successful applicant will be responsible for working with the engineering team to produce and ensure all submittals, equipment, support, etc., are delivered to project management on schedule, that they are technologically correct, properly documented and supported and follow all company standards. The selected applicant will successfully achieve team goals by effectively prioritizing their tasks and using available resources efficiently. The successful applicant will provide support through the project lifecycle including conception, design, estimating, installation, testing completion, maintenance, and beyond.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND FUNCTIONS
- Using the information provided by Sales, Project Management and other departments, the successful candidate is able to design/engineer computer and network-based security and/or communication solutions by integrating standard and non-standard security, IT, and communication components.
- The successful candidate will be responsible for bringing value-engineered ideas forward to incorporate into the system design with a focus towards functionality, cost, and reliability.
- Work with the Engineering Manager to schedule project related work, and manage this work against their appropriate dashboard.
- Participate in the review and revisions of company standards.
- Design systems and networks based on contractual requirements and specifications for communications infrastructure and electronic security and surveillance applications.
- Develop cost estimates including; design costs, material costs, and installation costs.
- Work with a team of engineers to develop total solutions for customers.
- Be capable of leading the design development process and design reviews.
- Clearly communicate project scope and requirements to contractors, vendors and suppliers.
- Develop convincing proposal text, graphics and technical diagrams to successfully convey our solution and innovative offerings in response to customer requirements.
- Perform provisioning, configuration and testing of system components in the lab and on-site to validate design concepts.
- Provide customer support for installed system with over-the-phone troubleshooting, as well as emergency site visits.
- Other duties as assigned by supervisor.
The Ideal Candidate:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education, Experience, and skills
The successful candidate needs a Bachelor of Science degree with 2-3 years’ experience or without a degree, a minimum of 5– 7 years of experience in the electronic security or communications industries. . An advanced degree in engineering or a related field is of additional value. A combination of education and experience may be considered. They must possess a valid driver’s license. In addition they should have the following skills:
- Proficient with software tools such as: Microsoft® Excel, Microsoft® Word, Microsoft® Project, Microsoft® Visio, and AutoCAD.
- Must have good communications skills, both oral and written.
U.S. Department of Defense secret level clearance may be required by the candidate if the department or work location deals with DoD work. Domestic U.S. and overseas travel may be required, in which case the candidate must be able to obtain and maintain a valid US passport. Depending on the nature of their assignments, candidates might be required to pass background checks to obtain and maintain various security documents such as Airport SIDA IDs and a Transportation Worker Identification Card (TWIC).
Experience in three (3) or more of the following key technologies is highly desirable, as well as received two (2) or more vendor or industry certifications.
- Access Control, Badging and Visitor Management Systems
- CCTV, Surveillance, Analytics and IP Video Management Systems
- Burglar, and Intrusion Detection Systems
- Photo Beam, Radar and Perimeter Detection Systems
- Biometric Identification Systems
- Physical Security Information Management (PSIM) Systems
- Ethernet Switches and Routers
- Servers and IT Infrastructure including SAN, NAS and Cloud Storage Systems
- Microwave and Wireless Communication Systems
- Fiber Optic, SONET and DWDM Communication Systems
- ITS (Intelligent Transportation Systems)
- Useful Industry Certifications: BICSI (RCDD), NICET, ASIS (PSP, CPP) SIA, COMP TIA, PMI (PMP), CISSP
- Useful Vendor Certifications: Cisco (CCNA, CCNP, CCDA, CCDP, etc.), Microsoft (MCSE), Access Control (AMAG, Honeywell, Lenel, Genetec, SoftwareHouse), Video Management (Milestone, Genetec, Exacq, Avigilon, etc.) PSIM (NICE, VidSys, Sureview, etc.) Cameras (Axis, Bosch, Sony), Intrusion Detection (DMP), Networking (Cisco, Brocade, Juniper, Ciena, Aviat, Dragonwave, Firetide, etc.)
The successful candidate will be able to read, analyze, and interpret engineering and construction drawings and specifications, common scientific and technical journals, financial reports, and other documents. Have the ability to communicate effectively in both oral and written English technical language, both in interpreting requirements and providing reports and mentoring.
The successful candidate must have the ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. They must also be able to interpret a variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
While performing the duties of this job, the incumbent is regularly required to sit; use hand and fingers, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The incumbent is required to walk daily on construction sites in rough terrain, and climb ladders and facilities under construction. The incumbent is occasionally required to stand for long periods of time. The incumbent may be required to lift and/or move up to 10 lbs. And occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 lbs. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the incumbent may split time between a semi-quiet office environment and on a construction site, where there is moderate to occasional high noise levels.
Depending on the assignment up to 40% travel may be required.
About the Company:
Why work for G4S Secure Integration?
- Global experts in the assessment, design, construction, maintenance and management of communication networks and electronic security systems
- Over 20 Years of proven experience as an established large-scale systems integrator providing unified communications and security solutions
- Financially Sound Company, Highly Regarded by Customers & Industry Peers
- Highly Competitive Compensation Plan & Comprehensive Benefits Package
G4S Secure Integration is a systems integrator that brings innovative, flexible and cost efficient thinking to the design, construction and maintenance of stand-alone or integrated communication networks and electronic security systems. For over two decades, we have offered commercial, industrial and governmental clients an efficient single point of contact for all their project issues. A trusted partner to customers and suppliers around the world, G4S Secure Integration takes great pride in delivering outstanding technology, superior customer service and a great return on investment.
G4S Secure Integration has deployed over 2 million fiber miles in more than 200 metropolitan and rural areas and completed over 1,500 large-scale, electronic security systems projects in the United States, Europe, Asia, Central America, and the Middle East.
Headquartered in Omaha, Nebraska, G4S Secure Integration is managed by executives from the telecommunications, construction and security industries. For more information, visit the company’s website at www.g4s.us or call (866) 221-5641.
We offer an attractive, competitive compensation plan, an outstanding comprehensive benefits package, and significant opportunity for professional growth and advancement in the rapidly expanding security/telecommunications industry. We strongly encourage inquiries from qualified women and minority candidates. While interest from all applicants for employment with G4S Secure Integration is genuinely appreciated, we can respond only to those candidates with qualifications closest to the job requirements. For confidential consideration, please visit http://technologycareers.g4s.com/ and apply on-line. No phone calls please.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Minorities/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
VEVRAA Federal Contractor
Jobs that might be of interest:Systems Engineer II
Location: Willowbrook, Illinois
Apply now OSP Inspector
Location: Willowbrook, Illinois
Apply now OSP Specialist
Location: Willowbrook, Illinois
Apply now TechnikerIn für Sicherheitsanlagen
Apply now Rezeptionsmitarbeiter (m/w)