Systems Engineer II Nationwide, United States Competitive
Systems Engineer IILocation: Nationwide, United States | Salary: Competitive | Posted: 15 Sep 2020 | Closes: 30 Jun 2021 | Job Type: Permanent & Full-time | Business Unit: US - G4S Secure Integration | Region / Division: G4S Technology | Reference: NA091520SEII
G4S Secure Integration is looking for a Systems Engineer II to work alongside other engineers and administrators to ensure client technologies are working to their fullest potential, providing world-class physical security support to keep the employees, assets, and reputation safe and secure.
- Development of custom systems integrations including but not limited to; API Calls, WebHooks, and custom development in Python, Java, or other languages.
- Management of different Database Technologies, MSSQL, MySQL, Hive, and Presto DB.
- Experience deploying SaaS systems behind company 2Fac using OIDC 2.0
- Experience with systems hardening including but not limited to Databases, Windows and Linux Systems, Networking hardware, and Security Endpoints.
- Experience driving external resources to develop and deliver on team initiatives.
- Experience with integration and automation of workflows allowing the enrichment of operational data.
- Mentoring and providing guidance for new Systems Engineers.
- System Development and integrations with existing platforms owned by client physical security systems (PSS) and other ancillary departments within organization.
- Work to assist and develop integrations with multiple systems, which include physical security access control, video management, and intrusion detection systems.
- Act as a subject matter expert to help build cohesion between teams and ensure project successes while utilizing industry technical standards and best practices.
- Assist in the design and implementation of technology deployments, prepare reports and specifications, and provide a high level of technical leadership.
- Conduct technical evaluations of new and existing technologies to ensure they meet requirements.
- Define technical standards for technology deployment and process for downstream team members, QA/QC, and Support teams.
- Help to define new technology requirements and work with internal business partners to ensure IT infrastructure teams are in alignment.
- Work with cross-functional teams to deliver technology that makes our end users more effective and efficient.
- Be an escalation point for QA/QC and Support teams, driving resolution to complex issues and providing documentation and processes to allow execution and resolution by team members.
- Continually evaluate existing technologies to ensure that they are being leveraged to their fullest potential.
- Assist to conduct system training as required and directed by the Program Manager and Client.
- Additional special projects and duties as assigned by managers.
The Ideal Candidate:
- 10+ years’ experience in the design and implementation of technical physical security systems
- 10+ years’ experience working at a global scale in a fast-growing company
- Experience and Understanding in the Following Areas:
- Physical Security Access Control Systems, Closed Circuit TV Systems, Visitor Management Systems, Incident Reporting Systems
- Implement best practices in security system deployments
- Standard Information Security Policies
- Client’s Information Security Policies as it pertains to our systems implementations
- Working with internal stakeholders to lockdown network segments and driving conversations relating to Security Network requirements
- Driving change management policies and enforcement
- Identifying KPI and building reporting and visualization to track quality and SLA adherence for all supported systems.
- Managing multiple concurrent large scale projects, Ensuring delivery per SOW, Timeline, and costing.
- Ability to effectively prioritize and advance a large number of technical projects simultaneously, often with tight deadlines and multiple stakeholders.
- Ability to look at complex problems, understand the requirements, and make decisions that will deliver intended results.
- Support of lower-level Systems Engineers, and acting as the SME and escalation point for associated systems and assigned projects.
About the Company:
G4S brings your systems together. We design, build and maintain stand-alone and integrated security systems. A trusted partner to customers and suppliers, G4S takes great pride in delivering outstanding expertise and superior service.
We have the ability to provide full turnkey services: taking a customer’s requirements, developing the concept, designing the network, selecting the product that best fits the requirements, and completing the installation.
Why Work for G4S?
- Competitive Salary
- Medical, Dental, Vision, and Disability Plans
- Life Insurance
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Employee Assistance Program
- 401(k) match
- Paid Time Off & Paid Holidays
- Employee referral program
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Professional Certification Reimbursement
Equal Opportunity Employer/Minorities/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity VEVRAA Federal Contractor
Jobs that might be of interest:Network Engineer
Location: Orange, Connecticut
Apply now Network Engineer
Location: Vestal, New York
Apply now Systems Engineer III
Location: Secaucus, New Jersey
Apply now Chief Security Architect
Location: Rochester, New York
Apply now Compliance Apps Analyst
Location: Rochester, New York