Systems Engineer II Rochester, New York Competitive
Systems Engineer IILocation: Rochester, New York | Salary: Competitive | Posted: 19 Aug 2020 | Closes: 31 Oct 2020 | Job Type: Permanent & Full-time | Business Unit: US - G4S Secure Integration | Region / Division: G4S Technology | Reference: NY081920SEII
G4S Secure Integration is a market-leading systems integrator who brings innovative, flexible and cost-efficient thinking to the design, construction and maintenance of stand-alone or integrated communication networks and security systems. We are seeking an experienced Systems Engineer that will be the primary resource responsible to support the planning, implementation, and successful completion of all installations within the project.
- The successful candidate is able to design/engineer computer and network-based security and/or communication solutions.
- The successful applicant will be part of a team of Systems Engineers capable of designing and implementing a predefined solution with minimal direction
- Complete the detailed design, and/or implement the designed solution, along with identifying and developing appropriate change orders.
- The successful candidate will be responsible for bringing value-engineered ideas forward to incorporate into the overall design with a focus towards functionality, cost, and reliability.
- Develop drawings, perform design calculations, generate documentation, identify configurations, construct test plans and procedures, produce training plans and material, or perform the configurations, implement the testing, conduct the training, and complete the closeout.
- Work with the team to schedule project related work, and manage this work against their appropriate dashboard.
- Work with the engineering team to produce and ensure all submittals, equipment, support, etc, are delivered to project management on schedule, technologically correct, properly documented, and follow all company standards.
- The selected applicant will successfully achieve team goals by effectively prioritizing tasks and using available resources efficiently.
- Participate in the review and revisions of company standards.
- Design systems and networks based on requirements and specifications for communications, IT infrastructure, and electronic security and surveillance applications.
- Work with a team to develop total program solutions for customers.
- Be capable of leading the design development process and design reviews.
- Clearly communicate project scope and requirements to contractors, vendors and suppliers.
- Other duties as assigned by supervisor.
The Ideal Candidate:
- 2-3 years of electronic security and/or IT industry experience.
- Bachelor of Science degree in Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering or similar field or an acceptable and equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Without a degree, a minimum of 5-7 years of experience in the electronic security, IT.
- An advanced degree in engineering or a related field is of additional value.
- Proficient knowledge in Microsoft® Excel, Microsoft® Word, Microsoft® Project, Microsoft® Visio, and AutoCAD.
- Experience in any of the following technologies is highly desirable, as well as vendor or industry certifications: Access Control Systems, Video Surveillance Systems, Ethernet Switches and Routers, Servers and IT Infrastructure and Wired and Wireless Communication Systems.
- Must have good communications skills, both oral and written.
- Must possess a valid driver’s license.
- Occasional domestic travel may be required.
About the Company:
G4S brings your systems together. We design, build and maintain stand-alone and integrated security systems. A trusted partner to customers and suppliers, G4S takes great pride in delivering outstanding expertise and superior service.
We have the ability to provide full turnkey services: taking a customer’s requirements, developing the concept, designing the network, selecting the product that best fits the requirements, and completing the installation.
Why Work for G4S?
- Competitive Salary
- Medical, Dental, Vision, and Disability Plans
- Life Insurance
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Employee Assistance Program
- 401(k) match
- Paid Time Off & Paid Holidays
- Employee referral program
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Professional Certification Reimbursement
Equal Opportunity Employer/Minorities/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity VEVRAA Federal Contractor
Jobs that might be of interest:Systems Engineer II
Location: Nationwide, United States
Apply now Applications Engineer
Apply now CAD Technician I
Location: Willowbrook, Illinois
Apply now Court Security Officer
Location: Craigavon, United Kingdom
Apply now Court Security Officer
Location: Belfast, United Kingdom