Systems Engineer I Livermore, California Competitive
Systems Engineer ILocation: Livermore, California | Salary: Competitive | Posted: 4 Dec 2019 | Closes: 30 Apr 2020 | Job Type: Permanent & Full-time | Business Unit: US - G4S Secure Integration | Region / Division: G4S Technology | Reference: CA120419SEI
G4S Secure Integration is looking for a System Engineer to complete the design and implementation of the contracted solution.
- Resolving issues and overseeing maintenance program related to physical security systems.
- Support programming, commissioning and driving new builds projects to Security Go Live (SGL) and First Day of Business (FDOB).
- Coordinate with other teams to obtain network information and assist in basic network troubleshooting as it relates to Security Systems and Technology.
- Familiar with Physical Security Systems, Technologies and platforms to build out, program and test new build sites, expansions and relocation.
- Comprehensive knowledge of Security Systems and Technology including but not limited to:
- Genetec Security Center, Synergis, Mercury Panels, Stentofon & Commend, HID, Axis, Schlage, etc.
- Familiar with how Security Systems and Technology hardware interacts with network/IP.
- Comprehensive knowledge of Windows is a plus as most Security Systems and Technology applications are Windows dependent.
- Familiarity with field troubleshooting techniques for low voltage systems (ground faults, shorts, use of test equipment like Multi meter).
- Communicate internally with ServiceNow technology partners, project leads, and externally with Integrators is integral to the success of this role.
- System Support to the Integrators on Security technologies (Access Control, Video Management systems, Intercoms, intrusion, etc.)
- Supporting the evaluation, integration, and implementation of new and existing technologies solutions.
- Review service requests, read diagrams, blue prints, technical documentation, etc. to assist with repairs and/or diagnostics.
- Ensures security systems are functioning correctly and with optimal performance.
- Heavy focus on troubleshooting and ability to work through process of elimination is required.
- Understand the basic security standards and practices that go into a security design.
- Maintain and patch applications.
- Management of all security systems documentation such as as-built plans, maintenance and repairs, project close-out, etc.
- Managing vendors across multiple time zones.
- Other duties as assigned.
The Ideal Candidate:
- Bachelor of Science degree
- 3+ years of experience in the electronic security or communications industries
- Must possess a valid driver’s license. In addition the
- The following skills are desirable:
- Proficient with software tools such as: Microsoft® Excel, Microsoft® Word, Microsoft® Project, Microsoft® Visio, and AutoCAD.
- Experience and/or certifications in one (1) or more of the following key technologies is desirable.
- Access Control, Badging and Visitor Management Systems
- CCTV, Surveillance, Analytics and IP Video Management Systems
- Burglar, and Intrusion Detection Systems
- Photo Beam, Radar and Perimeter Detection Systems
- Biometric Identification Systems
- Physical Security Information Management (PSIM) Systems
- Ethernet Switches and Routers
- Servers and IT Infrastructure including SAN, NAS and Cloud Storage Systems
- Microwave and Wireless Communication Systems
- Fiber Optic, SONET and DWDM Communication Systems
- ITS (Intelligent Transportation Systems)
- Useful Industry Certifications: BICSI (RCDD), NICET, ASIS (PSP, CPP) SIA, COMP TIA, PMI (PMP), CISSP
- Useful Vendor Certifications: Cisco (CCNA, CCNP, CCDA, CCDP, etc.), Microsoft (MCSE), Access Control (AMAG, Honeywell, Lenel, Genetec, SoftwareHouse), Video Management (Milestone, Genetec, Exacq, Avigilon, etc.) PSIM (NICE, VidSys, Sureview, etc.) Cameras (Axis, Bosch, Sony), Intrusion Detection (DMP), Networking (Cisco, Brocade, Juniper, Ciena, Aviat, Dragonwave, Firetide, etc.)
About the Company:
G4S brings your systems together. We design, build and maintain stand-alone and integrated security systems. A trusted partner to customers and suppliers, G4S takes great pride in delivering outstanding expertise and superior service.
We have the ability to provide full turnkey services: taking a customer’s requirements, developing the concept, designing the network, selecting the product that best fits the requirements, and completing the installation.
Why Work for G4S?
- Competitive Salary
- Medical, Dental, Vision, and Disability Plans
- Life Insurance
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Employee Assistance Program
- 401(k) match
- Paid Time Off & Paid Holidays
- Employee referral program
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Professional Certification Reimbursement
Equal Opportunity Employer/Minorities/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
VEVRAA Federal Contractor
Jobs that might be of interest:Sales Engineer
Location: Livermore, California
Apply now Applications Engineer
Apply now CAD Technician I
Location: Willowbrook, Illinois
Apply now Court Security Officer
Location: Craigavon, United Kingdom
Apply now Court Security Officer
Location: Belfast, United Kingdom