Systems Designer - Fire Belfast Competitive
Systems Designer - FireLocation: Belfast | Salary: Competitive | Posted: 11 Feb 2019 | Closes: 25 Feb 2019 | Job Type: Permanent & Full-time | Region / Division: UK & Ireland
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Systems Design Engineer (Fire), based in our Belfast office.
F&S - G4S Fire & Security Systems (UK) is part of G4S Secure Solutions (UK), the UK’s largest private provider of security solutions. G4S Fire & Security Systems (UK) is the leading integrator of fire and security solutions with a fully accredited 24 x 7 monitoring centre for fire, security and location based services, protecting everything from small offices and schools to large multi-national organisations and high security
Government facilities. For more information visit: www.g4sfireandsecurity.co.uk
G4S, the leading global security and outsourcing group, specialises in outsourcing of business processes in sectors where security and safety risks are considered a strategic threat. G4S is the largest employer quoted on the London Stock Exchange and has a secondary stock exchange listing in Copenhagen. G4S has operations in more than 120 countries and over 620,000 employees.
Design and production of quotations/Technical Submittals/ Drawings/ Proposals/ Specifications for the supply/installation/commissioning/maintenance of Fire Alarm systems both for M&E and End Users throughout the UK and overseas as and where necessary.
Design and production of quotations/Technical Submittals/ Drawings/ Proposals/ Specifications for the supply/installation/commissioning/maintenance of Fire Alarm systems.
- Ensuring a timely response to all enquiries
- Presenting a professional image at all times
- Producing quotations ranging from £5,000 to £2,000,000
- Ensuring all quotations are accurately costed
- Adherence to Company’s policies and procedures
- Supporting Sales and Operations in the field when necessary
The Ideal Candidate:
- Experience in a similar role liaising with End Users & or M&E Contractors.
- Strong organisational skills
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Able to multi task and set clear priorities
- Good knowledge of Fire Alarm systems and standards
- Technically adept with good practical skills
- Good knowledge of Office applications (Google & MS)
- Able to interpret Customer’s detailed specifications and drawings
- Fluent in written and spoken English with good communication skills
- Strong numerical, analytical skills and a strong financial acumen
- High attention to detail
- Good level of customer service and customer liaison skills
- Professional attitude to work
- Able to work on own initiative whilst within a team environment
- Proven ability manage a work load with quickly changing and often conflicting priorities
- Willing to work out of business hours where deadlines necessitate
- Enthusiastic with a real ability to learn
- 5 years checkable work history
- Unrestricted right to work in the UK/EU
- Fluent written and spoken English
Experience of conventional and addressable fire alarm systems.
Knowledge of Aspirating, paging, gas suppression, disabled refuge systems and toilet alarm systems.
Knowledge of any of the following systems:
- Baldwin Boxal
- Deaf Alerter
- EMS Wireless systems
- C Tec
Jobs that might be of interest:Assistant Engineer
Apply now Cleaner
Location: Dublin - Calmount, Ireland
Apply now Cleaner
Location: Dublin, Ireland
Apply now Principle Engineer
Location: Remote worker in Hayes area
Apply now Systems Engineer
Location: Remote worker Mansfield & Nottingham areas