Systems Analyst: G4S Deposita South Africa Samrand Market Related
Systems Analyst: G4S Deposita South AfricaLocation: Samrand | Salary: Market Related | Posted: 19 Mar 2021 | Closes: 30 Aug 2021 | Job Type: Permanent & Full-time | Business Unit: South Africa - Cash Solutions | Region / Division: Cash Division | Reference: G4S/TP/2716490/207562
Remuneration and benefits will be commensurate with the seniority of the role and in compliance with company remuneration policy and practice.
G4S Deposita, a leading provider of integrated cash management solutions, has a vacancy for a Systems Analyst based at our operations in Samrand.
The Systems Analyst is responsible for delivering senior level support and service on systems and software supplied, installed, maintained and developed by the company.
Provide accurate and effective Software / System Testing and Implementation
- Test new software releases from development
- Compile detailed fault analysis report if software is not functioning as per specification.
- Monitor escalated queries against milestones, response and resolution times.
- Communicate new releases and best practice
- On-Site system support, implementation and configuration
- Fault Finding
- Fault report and analysis
- System Software / Hardware configuration
- Database implementation
- Data conversion
- Data export
- Data import
- Data consistency check
- System Software implementation
Provide accurate and effective Software / System Support
- Assist Helpdesk and field staff in escalated queries & provide support as required
- Investigate all escalated Software / Systems queries and compile a detailed fault analysis report.
- Escalate relevant issues to Development and work in conjunction towards a resolution
- Provide scheduled system support to appointed clients
- System / Database Maintenance
- Backup Plans
- Risk Identification
- Redundancy (disaster recovery plan)
- Redundancy (Business continuity plan)
- System configuration and support
- Fault finding
- Best Practice Implementation
- Automation identification
- System / Database Maintenance
Effective Software Development within requirements
- Conduct business process analysis and compile all accompanying relevant documentation.
- Compile development specification documentation and ensure sign-off before the commencement of development.
- Ensure development specification departmental handover.
- Monitor development and control any specification variance from the original specification.
- Ensure that all Software development work is logged within JCS.
- Consult on status of all logged software development with the development department appointed interface
- Update JCS Software development logs accordingly and weekly.
- Communicate development progress on fault rectifications and new development on a frequent basis to all relevant parties.
Accurate compilation and management of documentation
- Business Process Analysis
- Functional Specifications
- Compile and update Software module documentation:
o Module Specification
o Module Write-Up
o Module Installation Manual
o Module User Manual
Identify and pursue business development opportunities
New business development
- Identifying new business opportunities within sphere of operations, as well as in terms of growth of business with existing customers.
- Demonstrate a thorough understanding of the competitor environment faced by the region.
Effective Project Management
- Define project scope
- Document deliverables and milestones
- Communicate and confirm project scope
- Compile and Update relevant documentation
- Communicate to role players
- Manage risks
- Manage timelines
Review and drive Training requirements around software
- Identify training needs
- Compile and update relevant documentation required for training i.e. attendance register, agenda, assessments and certificates
- Conduct training within required levels:
- Super User
- Asses and evaluate trainees by means of practical exercise.
Health and Safety (as every employee's responsibility)
- Participate in the design/ development/ review/ implementation and monitoring of the branch/region/national safety plans for each year.
- Participate in safety forums created by company for example safety meetings and safety talks
- Report all safety incidents to the relevant people
- Discuss all safety incidents on all levels
- Follow-up on any activities assigned through safety meeting/committee/representative/management
- Attend safety education and refresher programs
- Comply with safety policies and procedures at workplace
- Distribute safety information as and when required
- Wear protective clothing all the time
The Ideal Candidate:
- Broad knowledge of Time and Attendance Advanced.
- Broad knowledge of Access Control Advanced.
- Strong knowledge base on communication protocols i.e. TCP/IP.
- SQL Database Scripting Advanced
- SQL Database Querying Advanced
- Interbase / Firebird Database Scripting Advanced
- Interbase / Firebird Database Querying Advanced
- Advanced Computer literacy and proficiency.
- Windows 98 / 2000 / XP / Vista / Windows 7
- Server 2000 / 2003 / 2008 / New Releases
- MS SQL 2000 / 2005 / 2008 / New Releases
- MS Office Suite (Full)
- IB Phoenix Firebird / Interbase
- Advanced knowledge pertaining to the OS and Database structures of supported products
- All affiliates associated with the company
- South African security legislation
- G4S Operational Policy and procedures
- G4S HR Policy and procedures
- Health and Safety legislation
- Detailed Documentation
- Communicating professionally
- Managing Conflict
- Communication (Written and Verbal)
- Advanced Computer literacy
- Basic financial skills
- Risk identification
- Driving change
- Customer Thinking
- Delivering objectives
Awareness of the market environment
- Delivering strategy
- Customer service orientated
About the Company:
G4S is the world’s leading international security solutions group, which specialises in outsourced business processes in sectors where security and safety risks are considered a strategic threat. G4S is the largest employer quoted on the London Stock Exchange and has a secondary stock exchange listing in Copenhagen. G4S has operations in more than 125 countries and 657,000 employees.
G4S operates in over 25 countries in Africa and employs over 105 000 people on the continent. At G4S South Africa, our vision is to be recognised as the leader in providing security solutions. We therefore endeavour to build and maintain a motivated, capable workforce who are proud to work for our region and able to deliver our commercial strategy. We continue to build on the excellent people management practices which are in place across the Group in order to fully engage our workforce.
G4S is an organisation which is defined by its values, which are:
- We act with Integrity and Respect - Our business activities and relationships are built on trust, honesty and openness. We do what we promise and always strive to do the right thing. We listen. We treat our colleagues, customers and those in our care with the utmost respect.
- We are passionate about Safety, Security and Service Excellence - We are passionate about working safely and take great care to protect our colleagues and customers from harm. We are experts in security and use that knowledge to protect our customer’s assets. We keep our promises and are passionate about delivering high levels of customer service.
- We achieve this through Innovation and Teamwork - We invest in technology and best practice to continuously improve the products and services we offer. We challenge ourselves to find new ways of helping our customers achieve their goals. We work together as a team, valuing everyone’s contribution, to ensure we achieve the best results for our customers and our business.
For more information on G4S, please visit: www.g4s.com
Jobs that might be of interest: