Systems Administrator Willowbrook, Illinois Competitive
Systems AdministratorLocation: Willowbrook, Illinois | Salary: Competitive | Posted: 26 Mar 2021 | Closes: 30 Jun 2021 | Job Type: Permanent & Full-time | Business Unit: US - G4S Secure Integration | Region / Division: G4S Technology | Reference: IL032621SA
G4S Secure Integration is seeking an individual with extensive experience in maintenance and administration of a Windows based physical security system.
- Administer and maintain multiple security systems and networks based on the customer contract requirements and specifications for communications and security applications
- Work in conjunction with remote support IT technicians and application developers
- Achieve team goals by effectively prioritizing their tasks and using available resources efficiently
- Generate and present technical documentation including at a minimum troubleshooting plans, problem analysis, configuration instructions, and testing procedures
- Daily interaction with the customer and routine interaction with vendors and suppliers to effectively communicate issues and identify resolutions
- Maintain software programs, video analytics and integration of the security system which consists of NSSC AVSS, IVMS and NSMART systems that employee Microsoft Windows, SQL Server, Acronis Backup and other 3rd party tools.
- Perform software upgrades and patches for the application software and operating system.
- Perform network and system troubleshooting and system repair.
- Perform routine administrative tasks including periodic backups to offline media, log inspection, and scheduled restarts.
- Must be available for emergency calls and support.
The Ideal Candidate:
- Associates or Bachelor’s degree in a technology or engineering discipline is desired
- 3+ years of experience in system or network administration is required
- An acceptable equivalent combination of education and experience will be considered
- A highly qualified candidate will be adapt at configuring and troubleshooting both the security system software and associated hardware components.
- General Windows administration and networking fundamentals
- Proficient with software tools such as: spreadsheets, Microsoft® Word, and project scheduling
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written
- Technical knowledge and experience including all Windows OS platforms, TCP/IP, switching, and Windows server administration.
- Technical knowledge of security system design and operation
- Experience with quality and technical requirements unique to commercial nuclear power
About the Company:
G4S brings your systems together. We design, build and maintain stand-alone and integrated security systems. A trusted partner to customers and suppliers, G4S takes great pride in delivering outstanding expertise and superior service.
We have the ability to provide full turnkey services: taking a customer’s requirements, developing the concept, designing the network, selecting the product that best fits the requirements, and completing the installation.
Why Work for G4S?
- Competitive Salary
- Medical, Dental, Vision, and Disability Plans
- Life Insurance
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Employee Assistance Program
- 401(k) match
- Paid Time Off & Paid Holidays
- Employee referral program
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Professional Certification Reimbursement
Equal Opportunity Employer/Minorities/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
VEVRAA Federal Contractor
Jobs that might be of interest:Tier 3 Support Engineer
Location: Dallas, Texas
Apply now Tier 3 Support Engineer
Location: Austin, Texas
Apply now Network Control Center Operator III
Location: Middletown, Connecticut
Apply now Network Control Center Operator I
Location: Middletown, Connecticut
Apply now Tier 2 Technical Support Engineer
Location: Central Region, United States