Systems Administrator I Livermore, California Competitive
Systems Administrator ILocation: Livermore, California | Salary: Competitive | Posted: 13 Nov 2020 | Closes: 31 Jan 2021 | Job Type: Permanent & Full-time | Business Unit: US - G4S Secure Integration | Region / Division: G4S Technology | Reference: CA111320SAI
G4S Secure Integration is looking for a System Administrator I to work alongside other administrators and engineers to ensure client technologies are working to their fullest potential, providing world-class physical security support to keep the employees, assets, and reputation safe and secure.
- Program, test, and commission physical security systems, including access control, video management, and intrusion detection systems.
- Work directly with Project Managers to ensure that the sites are tested and commissioned to meet required First Day of Business (FDOB) dates.
- Interact with a ticketing system to track security systems issues from report to resolution; Ensuring completion within defined SLAs.
- Coordinate with Client Corporate Network, corporate IT and other relevant teams to drive resolution to assigned tickets.
- Coordinate with security integrators to resolve hardware failures ensure that all testing and validation is completed prior to integrator departure.
- Support team initiatives to upgrade or patch security hardware and software infrastructure.
- Support continual process improvement by executing and validating existing documentation. Identify gaps in processes/standards and contribute original content to the systems library.
- Perform periodic audits of security systems / devices / cameras in order to ensure they are fully functional for desired health performance
- Support remote shutdown of applicable security devices as a preventive measure for planned power outages and to verify functionality of security equipment after power restoration
- Ability to multitask while balancing shifting priorities.
- Conduct system training as required and directed by the Program Manager and Client
- Special projects and duties as assigned by Client managers.
The Ideal Candidate:
- 2+ years of supporting and managing physical security technology
- 2+ years of supporting IT infrastructure in corporate environments.
- Experience and Understanding in the Following Areas:
- Enterprise Access Control, Video Management, Visitor Management and Incident management systems. Experience with Genetec (Security Center, Synergis, Omnicast, Strattocast), S2, ExacqVision preferred but not required.
- Door controllers, readers, electrified locking hardware, dual factor authentication, cameras, video recording hardware, intrusion detection systems, duress hardware
- Basic networking concepts and knowledge of Windows-based network utilities (ping, nslookup, tracert, net use, net stat, arp, etc.)
- Ability to communicate factual information and ideas in English, clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing, often under pressure and tight deadlines.
- Ability to think critically, assess and investigate systems issues to understand the underlying cause and work with team to document, validate and execute programmatic resolutions.
About the Company:
G4S brings your systems together. We design, build and maintain stand-alone and integrated security systems. A trusted partner to customers and suppliers, G4S takes great pride in delivering outstanding expertise and superior service.
We have the ability to provide full turnkey services: taking a customer’s requirements, developing the concept, designing the network, selecting the product that best fits the requirements, and completing the installation.
Why Work for G4S?
- Competitive Salary
- Medical, Dental, Vision, and Disability Plans
- Life Insurance
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Employee Assistance Program
- 401(k) match
- Paid Time Off & Paid Holidays
- Employee referral program
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Professional Certification Reimbursement
Equal Opportunity Employer/Minorities/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
VEVRAA Federal Contractor
Jobs that might be of interest:Tier 3 Support Engineer
Location: Charlotte, North Carolina
Apply now Senior Service Technician
Location: Sudbury, Ontario