System Security DesignerLocation: Tewkesbury, United Kingdom | Salary: Up to 45000 | Posted: 31 May 2022 | Business Unit: UK Secure Solutions | Contracted Hours: Full-time | Employee Status: Permanent | Reference: 273
About the Role
Security System Design and production of quotations / Technical Submittals / Drawings / Proposals / Specifications in line with the relevant regulatory standards for the supply/installation/commissioning/maintenance of Security Systems for Enterprise Systems throughout the UK and overseas as and where necessary.
- Design responsibility and the production of Security System designs / quotations ranging from £5,000 to £5,000,000 in value as required by the Sales team.
- Ensuring all quotations are compliant with the relevant standards & regulations currently in force at the time (e.g. NSI, CDM etc.).
- Taking design responsibility and ensuring that the designs produced achieve the objectives required by the customer and the specification.
- Issuing design certificates upon completion of a project.
- Managing a number of designs / proposals at any one time and prioritising according to sales need.
- Ensuring that all designs & proposals produced are accurately costed and priced to achieve the agreed company margins and any necessary management approvals & sign offs are obtained prior to issue.
- Adherence to Company’s policies and procedures.
- Supporting Sales and Operations in the field when necessary on during pre-sales or post-sale design meetings.
- Carrying out site surveys as required anywhere within the UK to support the sales & operations team.
- Ensuring all output is produced in line with agreed timescales and delivered to the agreed deadline.
The Ideal Candidate
- Experience in a similar role liaising with End Users and / or M&E Contractors.
- In depth knowledge and at least 3 years’ experience working with electronic security systems and associated regulatory standards in a design, sales or engineering capacity
- Ability to work under pressure to tight deadlines
- Able to multi task and set clear priorities
- Good knowledge of Office applications (Google & MS)
- Able to interpret Customer’s detailed specifications and drawings
- Fluent in written and spoken English with good communication skills
- Strong numerical, analytical skills and a strong financial acumen
- Strong organisational skills
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Proven ability manage a work load with quickly changing and often conflicting priorities
- Willing to work out of business hours where deadlines necessitate
- 5 Year checkable work history or evidence to support any period of unemployment, self- employment or time spent in fulltime education during that period
- Right to work unrestricted in the UK/EU
- UK driving licence with no more than 6 penalty points
Jobs that might be of interest: