System Administrator Gaithersburg, Maryland Competitive with Great Benefits
System AdministratorLocation: Gaithersburg, Maryland | Salary: Competitive with Great Benefits | Posted: 29 Mar 2021 | Closes: 29 Apr 2021 | Job Type: Permanent & Full-time | Business Unit: US Secure Solutions | Region / Division: North America | Reference: G4S/TP/L3742188/208024
The world's leading private security organization, G4S, has an immediate job opportunity for a Systems Administrator. As a Systems Administrator, you will provide maintenance, updates, and support to the core IT operating platforms. This position is responsible for monitoring all production systems, ensuring completion of necessary backup processes, batch processing jobs, report distribution, payroll processes, invoice processing, EDI file transfers, and account maintenance and security for email and PeopleSoft related applications.
G4S is a security provider for the United States government, fortune 500 companies, nuclear power plants, oil and gas companies, airport, ports, banks, hospitals, factories, warehouses, commercial facilities, residential communities and much more.
As a full time employee of G4S, you will be entitled to the following benefits:
- Major Medical, Dental and Vision
- Paid vacation
- Opportunities for additional training to aid in your professional development
As an employee you will also be able to participate in the Promote Me! Community. Promote Me! is available to interested current employees as a way to express interest in further advancement, as well as gain information and encourage professional development.
Further, as a current employee you will be eligible to participate in large group rates for the following benefits:
- Critical Illness
- Accident Insurance
- Whole Life Insurance
- Individual Short-Term Disability
- Pre-Paid Legal Services
- Identity Theft Services
- Pet Insurance
In addition, G4S provides benefits that are automatically available to all employees, whether you enroll in a G4S insurance plan or not. And with no premiums to pay!
- RxCut Pharmacy Discount Program
- Doctor on Demand
- Qualsight LASIK Savings
- Perks at Work: G4S Employee Discount Program
- Alliant Credit Union
- Purchasing Power
- Active & Fit: G4S Fitness Center Membership
- FinFit: Financial Wellness Program
- DailyPay: Access your pay when you need it
G4S offers job security, excellent pay and benefits, and career opportunities. We offer entry level careers, management careers, sales careers and executive careers across the United States and internationally.
Specific Duties and Essential Functions
- Production support for PeopleSoft systems. Will conduct research and analysis into the nature, effect, and results of systems problems, and resolve them
- Develop detailed system documentation and workflow procedures
- Ensure proper scheduling and completion of backup procedures to ensure recoverability of production systems
- Installation of operating systems, application software and required system patches and fixes
- Schedule and control all batch job processing and report distributions
- Monitor system performance and efficiency and take corrective action to improve system performance
The Ideal Candidate:
Education, Licenses and Certifications Required
- Must possess a high school diploma or equivalent
Type and Length of Specific Experience Required
- Must possess a minimum of three (3) years of experience supporting Windows server and server based applications and associated systems
- Must possess a minimum of three (3) years of experience with maintenance, upgrades, configuration and problem resolution related to PeopleSoft applications
- Must possess a high level of computer literacy and experience with spreadsheets, word processing, and associated desktop applications
- Must possess good organizational and analytical skills
- Must possess excellent interpersonal and motivational skills
- Proficient computer skills including Microsoft Office
- Effective oral and written communication skills
- Active listening skills
- Ability to assess and evaluate situations effectively
- Ability to identify critical issues quickly and accurately
- Attention to detail
- Must be at least 18 years old or the minimum age required by the state, if higher
- Must be a U.S. citizen or a foreign citizen authorized to legally work in the United States
- Subject to a drug screen to the extent permitted by law
- Must be able to provide, upon job offer, a DD214 discharge document with discharge status indicated, if prior military
Physical Requirements and Environment
Environment: Indoor; office environment; minimal to no exposure to extreme temperatures is expected
Major activity: Working on a PC while sitting in an air conditioned office space and on servers in a raised floor data center.
Physical efforts to carry out job duties: Limited, to include some standing, bending, lifting, and limited stretching and reaching.
About the Company:
EOE Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
G4S is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer
and an Alcohol- and Drug-Free Workplace
G4S will consider qualified applications with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable federal, state, and local laws.
If you have any questions regarding Equal Employment Opportunity, Affirmative Action or Diversity and Inclusion, or have difficulty using the online system and require an alternate method to apply, please contact our Corporate Human Resources Department at (800) 506-6265.
To receive an update on your application status, please contact our local office by following this link: http://g4s.us/en/Contact-Us/Local-Offices
Jobs that might be of interest:Security Operations Center Supervisor
Location: Sterling, Virginia
Apply now Security Officer - Multiple Site - USO
Location: Arlington, Virginia
Apply now Project Manager
Location: Washington, D.C.
Apply now Flex Security Officer- Healthcare- Upscale
Location: Reston, Virginia
Apply now Global Security Operations Center Analyst
Location: Ashburn, Virginia