Support Services Administrator/Property Stores PersonLocation: Grantham | Salary: £17,077 per annum based on full time hours | Posted: 16 Jan 2020 | Closes: 31 Jan 2020 | Job Type: Permanent & Full-time | Region / Division: UK & Ireland | Reference: G20/05
In 2012 G4S and Lincolnshire Police formed a Strategic Partnership and we are now currently looking for an individual who is interested in joining us as a Support Services Administrator/Property Stores Person.
This is a full time position for 40 hours per week. The post is based at Grantham Police Station.
The ideal candidate will provide a high quality, customer focused, administrative support service in accordance with G4S Visions and Values.They will also be expected to be multi skilled and have the ability to work on their own and as part of a team.
Please note that, due to the nature of security checks undertaken, applicants must have 3 years continuous residency in the UK up to the date of the application.
EVIDENTIAL PROPERTY MANAGEMENT
In accordance with Force policy, undertake the receipt, storage, retrieval, safe disposal, documentation/records maintenance associated with Crime and miscellaneous property including:
- Forensic Examination (including DNA samples)
- General items for example, clothes, mobile phones, tools, paperwork
- Responsible for inputting, updating and maintaining all records in relation to property onto NICHE records management system. Ensuring all information, movement of property is recorded accurately and records are updated immediately.
- Prepare exhibits (MG21) for the forensic lab ensuring all items are packaged correctly in line with agreed procedures. Update NICHE and paperwork so items can be tracked and signed for by drivers/couriers
- Ensure that stored property is properly maintained and suitably stored to ensure no deterioration in condition, cash & valuables are secure, drugs and hazardous substances are stored in accordance with health & safety regulations.
- Dispose of property within designated timeframes and appropriate methods according to policy. Prepare destruction schedules for firearms, confidential waste and PAVA so the relevant checks can be carried out prior to disposal.
- Liaise closely with staff, members of the public, outside agencies, other forces in a professional courteous manner to resolve queries and/or to arrange the return of property.
- Assist supervisory officers with the audit of property stores
- Interrogate Force computer systems to provide information to investigating Officers in order to assist them in making decisions in relation to retention/return of property
- Applicants should be aware that property can vary from being a small item like a mobile phone to several large items for example kitchen appliances, lorry batteries/wheels and 25 litre containers.
- The role is physically demanding as there is a daily requirement for lifting, bending and working up ladders in order to locate/store property
- The stores are both internal and external and therefore this can include working in damp, sometimes dirty, cold malodourous conditions
- Act as a local point of contact for the maintenance of buildings, infrastructure and health and safety issues, liaising with HQ Departments as required.
- Escorting non vetted contractors in absence of a caretaker
- Responsible for updating CAFM (bespoke Facilities Management database) with information relating to planned premises maintenance checks and any other routine tasks carried out by the Caretakers.
- Weekly audit of Trakka system in order to ensure the availability of Officers airwaves terminals.
- Using a bespoke access control system, issue and update access cards to stations across the Force. Ensuring all requests are legitimate and only issued to vetted personnel. Provide PSD/Senior management with reports on access to stations/areas..
- Key control for buildings without access control and general key management for all areas within the station.
- Monitor and maintain adequate stock and equipment to include but not limited to stationery, consumables, custody food, custody clothing supplies, diesel, heating fuel, cleaning supplies, operational equipment and maintain records as appropriate. Liaise with HQ Stores as necessary to arrange the replenishment of centrally held stock.
- Raise orders, including retrospective orders, for goods and services as mentioned above using either Lincs Police ordering system T-police or G4S system ARIBA.
- Sourcing products from approved suppliers.
- Cash handling which will include banking miscellaneous income and seized evidential cash and maintaining a petty cash float.
- Provide local admin support for HQ Fleet including assisting with servicing, MOTS, vehicle inspections. Together with arranging tyre/windscreen replacement and arranging accident/bodywork repairs.
- Update Timeplan (Force fuel system) with fuel deliveries and resetting vehicle odometers when these have been entered incorrectly.
- Registration of Overseas Visitors (Foreign Nationals).
- Responsible for downloading CCTV footage from Custody/Station systems in line with the CCTV policy and maintain records accordingly.
- Provide local admin support including but not limited to incoming and outgoing mail, filing, issue of controlled stationery, witness summons, photocopier issues and operational welfare arrangements.
Due to the amount of police systems and databases used which contain personal information it is important to have a working understanding of Data Protection Regulations
The post holder will be required to carry out such other duties as may be determined from time to time within the general scope of the post. Duties and responsibility outside the general scope of the post will only be required with further consent of the post holder.
The Ideal Candidate:
- Understanding the Organisational Environment
- Delivering Objectives
- Dealing with Complexity
- Acting Professionally
- Delivering Great Customer Service
- Sharing and Co-operating
Essential Skills and Knowledge:
- BTEC / NVQ Level 2 in Business Administration or equivalent or substantial experience in an similar role
- Demonstrates experience of working within an administrative office
- Demonstrates experience in use of computerised systems
- Demonstrates experience of cash handling, and ordering / maintaining stock
- Experience of dealing with members of the public, including confrontational situations
- Demonstrates the ability to develop strong working relationships and operate and integrate within a multi-functional office environment
- Communicates effectively and clearly verbally face to face and by phone and in writing
- Demonstrates skills of planning, co-ordinating and prioritising
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office packages – Word, Excel, Outlook & Access
- Demonstrates a methodical approach to work and of assuring accuracy and attention to detail
- Knowledge of Health and Safety legislation to ensure correct storage of items
- Treats people with dignity and respect at all times
- Able to use own initiative, with minimal supervision, make decisions and prioritise
- Shows resilience even in difficult situations
- Self motivated and focussed on achieving high levels of performance
- Takes personal responsibility for own actions
- Demonstrates a flexible / adaptable approach to working practices
- Needs to be physically fit and able to undertake manual handling
- Demonstrates ability to work in a sensitive and confidential environment
Desirable Skills and Knowledge:
- BTEC / NVQ Level 3 in Business Administration or equivalent or substantial experience in an similar role
- Knowledge of relevant force policies and procedures
- Full Driving Licence
- Hep B Inoculations
Jobs that might be of interest:Firearms Licensing Administration Assistant
Apply now File Checker/ Gatekeeper
Apply now Early Morning Cleaner
Apply now Crime Management Bureau Administrator Fixed Term Contract 12 Months
Apply now Crime Management Bureau Administrator