Support and Engagement Practitioner BRIDGEND £26,322.12
Support and Engagement PractitionerLocation: BRIDGEND | Salary: £26,322.12 | Posted: 15 Jun 2022 | Closes: 6 Jul 2022 | Job Type: Full Time and Permanent | Business Unit: UK Central Government Services | Region / Division: UK & Ireland | Reference: 11973
Support and Engagement Practitioner
G4S Care and Rehabilitation Services
HMP Parc, Bridgend, CF35 6AP
Salary £26,322.12 per annum
Permanent, Full Time (40 hours per week)
Benefits: Company Pension, free on-site parking, on-site canteen, local Gym discounts, ongoing training and development and access to High Street Shop discounts.
Within Care and Rehabilitation Services, the philosophy of our prisons is to rehabilitate offenders and equip them to re-integrate into mainstream society on release. We seek to normalise prison conditions as far as possible to reflect life in the outside community. Our aim is to create an environment in which staff and prisoners feel safe and causes of prison stress are minimised. Central to our philosophy is the relationship between staff and prisoners. Our training and operational practices emphasise the need to treat prisoners with dignity and respect and G4S staff build positive and supportive relationships with the prisoners in their care. HMP & YOI Parc accommodates 1038 convicted male adult prisoners and remand/ convicted young offenders and young people in a secure but modern environment.
The ideal candidate will have excellent communication and interpersonal skills together with a willingness to self-evaluate performance and behaviour. They will be responsible for implementing and overseeing the CSIP (Challenge Support Intervention Plan) model that aims to reduce violence and aggression through case management. This case management model requires me to work within a multi-disciplinary approach whilst also being required to work 1:1 and in group environments to support behaviour change.
- To take a lead on disseminating the CSIP model throughout the establishment
- Provide relevant information, advice and individual support to clients with the aim of reducing risk of violence and aggression
- Work closely with other professionals to ensure that risk management and safeguarding duties are effectively met.
- Completion of post incident assessments
- Attend CSIP case reviews for individuals on my caseload to assist other professionals in responding to individuals in a way that supports desired outcomes.
- Use a combination of motivational work, relationship building and therapeutic skills to engage individuals to address their behaviours.
- Understanding the value of modelling desirable behaviour
- Undertake assessment of risk, needs and attitudes to inform the individuals intervention plan
- To maintain accurate records for my individual caseload ensuring that files are kept up to date and in compliance with Data Protection Act requirements. This will include updating systems such as P NOMIS
- To attend team meetings and training sessions as required both internally and externally.
- Involvement in the delivery of training staff awareness.
- To participate in reflective supervision
- Other duties as directed by the Management Team
- Remain up to date and compliant with all relevant legislation connected to your work, including organisation procedures, policies and professional codes of conduct and practice guidelines, in order to uphold standards of best practice.
The Ideal Candidate:
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Willingness to self-evaluate performance and behaviour.
- Flexible thinking approach and work ethic.
- Open to change and willingness to adapt to change.
- An ability to manage stress and emotions effectively.
- The ability to respond appropriately to feedback.
- Ability to time-manage and prioritise a variety of tasks.
- To work within a multi-disciplinary team
- Demonstrate/ or be willing to learn of the Criminal Justice System
- A sound understanding of the principles of behaviour change
- A passion of working with this client group and desire to support change
- A relevant qualification eg. Criminal Justice background / Youth Justice / Psychology / CBT / Behaviour Analysis / Social Work / Probabtion, and Health and Community work
If you join us, you can be sure that you’ll find a secure, friendly and professional working environment and be given all the support, training and encouragement you need to build and develop a successful career with us.
HMP Parc encourages applications from Welsh speakers.
For more information on HMP Parc, please visit https://hmpparc.co.uk/
Equality and Diversity is an important part of G4S Care and Rehabilitation Services. We actively encourage applications from all backgrounds and are a fully inclusive employer who aims to support all employees to be their true selves. We are happy to discuss any reasonable adjustments for either the role or during the recruitment process.
G4S Care and Rehabilitation Services is committed to safeguarding and promoting the wellbeing of children and adults at risk and each employee is expected to support these goals.
Please note that these vacancies are subject to a 5 year checkable history and the strict vetting standards set by G4S and the Secretary of State for the Home Office and are exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act.
You must be eligible to work in the UK and must have been resident in the UK for a minimum period of 3 years. You will also need to provide full details of your employment and education history for the last 5 years as part of the security screening process for this role.
HMP & YOI Parc is committed to a clean air policy for the wellbeing of its staff, and to protect them from the risks of passive smoking. Our prison is a smoke-free environment, and smoking is not permitted in any area of the establishment. The conveyance of smoking paraphernalia (including tobacco, cigarettes and e-cigarettes) through the Keylock and into the prison will be considered a disciplinary offence under the company’s Disciplinary Policy.
Jobs that might be of interest:Prison Custody Officer
Apply now Bank Nurse
Apply now Prison Custody Officer - PART TIME
Apply now Prison Custody Officer
Apply now Horticulture Instructor/Supervisor