Supervisor -Security Operations Etobicoke, Ontario Competitive
Supervisor -Security OperationsLocation: Etobicoke, Ontario | Salary: Competitive | Posted: 6 Jul 2020 | Closes: 6 Aug 2020 | Job Type: Permanent & Full-time | Business Unit: Canada | Region / Division: North America | Reference: G4S/TP/2239755/193969
Supervisor, Security Operations
This position description assumes that the individual has satisfied all basic requirements for employment by G4S Secure Solutions (Canada) Inc., including, but not limited to: criminal police information check (CPIC) credit reference, background check, minimum age, and minimum education (high school diploma or foreign equivalency, or earned GED). Additionally, this job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by this employee. The individual in this position is required to follow any other instructions and perform any other duties requested by this position’s management.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for supervising an assistant and a team of staff
- Ensure compliance with all necessary policies and procedures
- Ensure all work assignments are completed and in accordance with Site Post Orders.
- Ensuring security duties are carried out in compliance with all federal, provincial, and municipal laws including; The Criminal Code of Canada; Trespass to Property legislation
- Directing the delivery of security services according to third party service agreements
- Maintaining local site-specific post orders and directives by reviewing and notifying Client and G4S
of required revisions
- Oversee or modify Master Schedule for all security sites and to ensure submission to G4S
- Work with G4S branch office for payroll and billing purposes
- Carry out supervisory and management functions and responsibilities, including:
Training new staff members
Daily site inspections
Maintaining compliance and discipline of site staff
Performance reviews and evaluations on a regular basis
Assist G4S management team with site auditing tasks and assignments.
Assist G4S management and clients with modification and integration of Site Post Orders.
The Ideal Candidate:
The ideal candidate will possess the following job related skills:
- Strong computer skills
- Tech savvy ( operate mobile devices, laptop)
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office (Excel, Electronic Email, Outlook, Microsoft Word, Microsoft PowerPoint)
- Experience with surveillance software and equipment (March Networks, March Network Investigator, March Network Live Monitor)
- Assist G4S company devices with incremental patch updates
- Experienced working with Access Control and Auditing software.
- Experience working in a Leadership role
- Report writing and conflict resolution
- Escalation protocols
- Supervise staff operations and provide coaching
- Experience working in Data Centre environment
- Good knowledge of Data Centre operations and standard equipment (Servers, client machines, raised floor operations).
- Experience with executive escort and conducting Data Centre Walk through (Security related).
- Completing Service Reports for work orders related to faulty security equipment.
- Valid Provincial Security Guard License prior to employment
- Recognized and valid First Aid and CPR certificates prior to employment
- Minimum 2 years of Security Experience with a minimum of 2 years in a Security Supervisory Role.
- Minimum high school graduate or equivalent
About the Company:
G4S is an inclusive and equitable employer, encouraging applications from qualified women and men including persons with disabilities, members of visible minorities, and Aboriginal persons.
G4S est un employeur inclusif et équitable, en encourageant les candidatures de femmes qualifiées et les hommes y compris les personnes handicapées, les membres des minorités visibles et les personnes autochtones.
Jobs that might be of interest: