Supervisor - Manned Security Services ( Riding experience required ) Nairobi Competitive Market Rate
Supervisor - Manned Security Services ( Riding experience required )Location: Nairobi | Salary: Competitive Market Rate | Posted: 23 Jul 2020 | Closes: 9 Aug 2020 | Job Type: Permanent & Full-time | Business Unit: Kenya | Region / Division: Africa | Reference: G4S/TP/5086074/194959
Reporting to the Customer Service Manager /Operations Manager, the Supervisor will supervise Site In-charges and Guards to ensure the timely and efficient delivery of the Manned Security Service.
- Ensure the physical presence of guards at respective posts
- Confirm that all posts under his/her jurisdiction are adequately manned as per the contract requirement in terms of correct number and rank
- Confirm that the guards are physically fit and in a sober state of mind when reporting on duty
- Ensure guards sign on posting sheets to confirm presence
- Confirm that guards report on time and do not leave their posts uncovered
- Ensure proper turn out of guards
- Inspect that all equipment is present and serviceable as per the site requirements (as listed in the site instructions).
- Inspect the appearance of the guards to confirm that they are smartly dressed in full G4S uniform
- Implement labour efficiency controls
- Accurately capture time and attendance in the posting sheets
- Implement the guards’ duty roster and ensure that guards take their weekly off duties and annual leave as scheduled
- Ensure that posts and assignments are optimally covered with the right numbers of guards and ranks
- Promote conducive work relationship
- Hold brief/debrief sessions with guards on a regular basis and execute conflict resolution among the guard force
- Discuss any problems / issues with the guards and provide feedback regarding previous issues raised.
- Escalate any unresolved problems/ issues to the CSM /Ops Manager in a timely manner.
- Ensure high level of staff motivation and performance that meet G4S standards
- Ensure maintenance of proper customer service levels
- Liaise with the client at a lower level. Any issues that cannot be immediately resolved should be noted and escalated to the CSM/Ops Manager
- Confirm that the guards understand and perform as per the customers’ expectation
- Properly introduce guards to the client before they are posted
- Induct any newly posted guards and ensure that they understand and perform their duties as per the assignment instructions of their respective posts
- Continuously carry on-the job training of the guards to improve their performance
- Provide training i.e. communicate a toolbox talk, refresher training, etc.
- Review the occurrence book (OB) and registers, make an entry detailing the time of the inspection, findings, and actions taken.
- Ensure proper health and safety in work environment
- Perform a site walkthrough to identify hazards and appropriate controls. Hazards that cannot be immediately resolved should be noted and escalated to the CSM/Ops Manager
- Review the site risk assessment / perform an audit once a month. Any changes to existing risks, or any new risks, should be noted and escalated to the CSM /Ops Manager
- Ensure that all assignments in the area have post instructions and emergency procedures
- Ensure strict compliance with the G4S golden rules, minimum standards and all related policies
- Implement health and safety initiatives at the lowest level
- Report incidents to the CSM/ Ops Manager in a timely manner
- Ensure that there is a fatigue management plan is in place where necessary e.g rotation
The Ideal Candidate:
Knowledge and Qualifications
- Minimum – Form four with KCSE Certificate D+
- Minimum certificate course in business management
- Computer skills are of added advantage.
- Riding Skills – At least 5 years active riding experience with a clean license.
At least 5 years as a supervisor in operations preferably security industry
- Basic Microsoft Word
- Basic Microsoft Excel
Behavioural Skills – Support
- Understanding the organizational environment
- Understanding the organization’s goals and objectives
- Dealing with changing circumstances
- Supporting and working with others
- Delivering objectives
- Dealing with complexity
- Acting professionally
- Deliver great customer service
- Sharing and co-operating
About the Company:
G4S is the leading global integrated security company specializing in the provision of security products, services and solutions. The group is active in more than 110 countries, and is the largest employer quoted on the London Stock Exchange with over 623,000 employees and has a secondary stock exchange listing in Copenhagen. We specialize in outsourced business processes and facilities in sectors where security and safety risks are considered a strategic threat.
G4S in Africa:
G4S is the largest private sector employer and largest security company in Africa, with operations in more than 30 African countries and more than 122 000 employees on the continent. In Kenya, G4S employs more than 14,000 people and we have a presence in all major urban centres within the country
Jobs that might be of interest:Area Security Officer
Location: Bristol, United Kingdom
Apply now Dog Handler
Location: United Kingdom, United Kingdom
Apply now Area Security Officer
Location: Bristol, United Kingdom
Apply now TEST - Please do not apply (MBC)
Location: Greensboro, North Carolina
Apply now Service Technician III
Location: Birmingham, Alabama