Superintendent Newark, New Jersey Competitive
SuperintendentLocation: Newark, New Jersey | Salary: Competitive | Posted: 12 Dec 2018 | Closes: 31 Mar 2019 | Job Type: Permanent & Full-time | Business Unit: US - G4S Secure Integration | Region / Division: G4S Technology
The incumbent will represent the company in subcontractor pre-bid, pre-construction and in-progress negotiations and is the customer interface on any construction-related meetings or items and any initial permitting contracts. Will supervise all phases of construction, installation and related activities.
- Performs engineering of the route, network, and/or system.
- Leads by example in the engineering, permitting, and construction/installation of the required scopes of work and supervises the team of engineers, locators, or technicians to accomplish the required activities on schedule.
- Performs route selection and construction or installation cost estimates.
- Assists in the preparation of scopes of work for subcontract bid packages, distribution of bid packages, and review of quotes.
- Prepares and submits permit applications for construction or installation activities.
- Develops and manages the construction, installation, or resource schedule. Gathers information and coordinates all phases of the project construction or installation.
- Reviews and approves all subcontractor invoices for payment. Works with Contracts Manager and Business Manager to accrue subcontract costs.
- Is responsible for the collection and oversight of as-builts and other turnover documentation.
- Sketches preliminary site drawings to determine constructability of the site or feasibility of the installation. These sketches are then used to assist the engineering staff in developing construction drawings.
- Other duties as assigned by supervision.
The Ideal Candidate:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
High school diploma or GED equivalency plus 3 to 5 years minimum of field construction management experience. A BS degree in construction management or engineering is a definite plus. Desirable work experience includes field engineering management responsibility and/or project oversight responsibility. An acceptable equivalent in collegiate education and experience will be considered. If required by job responsibilities incumbent must possess a valid driver’s license.
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret engineering and construction drawings and specifications, common scientific and technical journals, financial reports, and other documents. Communicates effectively in both oral and written English technical language, both in interpreting requirements and providing reports and mentoring.
Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret a variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
While performing the duties of this job, the incumbent is regularly required to sit; use hand and fingers, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The incumbent is required to walk daily on construction sites in rough terrain, and climb ladders and facilities under construction. The incumbent is occasionally required to stand for long periods of time. The incumbent may be required to lift and/or move up to 10 lbs. And occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 lbs. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the incumbent regularly splits time between work in a semi-quiet construction office environment and on construction sites, where there is moderate to occasional great noise levels. Some travel may be required.
About the Company:
Why work for G4S Secure Integration?
- Global experts in the assessment, design, construction, maintenance and management of communication networks and electronic security systems
- Over 20 Years of proven experience as an established large-scale systems integrator providing unified communications and security solutions
- Financially Sound Company, Highly Regarded by Customers & Industry Peers
- Highly Competitive Compensation Plan & Comprehensive Benefits Package
G4S Secure Integration is a systems integrator that brings innovative, flexible and cost efficient thinking to the design, construction and maintenance of stand-alone or integrated communication networks and electronic security systems. For over two decades, we have offered commercial, industrial and governmental clients an efficient single point of contact for all their project issues. A trusted partner to customers and suppliers around the world, G4S Secure Integration takes great pride in delivering outstanding technology, superior customer service and a great return on investment.
G4S Secure Integration has deployed over 2 million fiber miles in more than 200 metropolitan and rural areas and completed over 1,500 large-scale, electronic security systems projects in the United States, Europe, Asia, Central America, and the Middle East.
Headquartered in Omaha, Nebraska, G4S Secure Integration is managed by executives from the telecommunications, construction and security industries. For more information, visit the company’s website at www.g4s.us or call (866) 221-5641.
We offer an attractive, competitive compensation plan, an outstanding comprehensive benefits package, and significant opportunity for professional growth and advancement in the rapidly expanding security/telecommunications industry. We strongly encourage inquiries from qualified women and minority candidates. While interest from all applicants for employment with G4S Secure Integration is genuinely appreciated, we can respond only to those candidates with qualifications closest to the job requirements. For confidential consideration, please visit http://technologycareers.g4s.com/ and apply on-line. No phone calls please.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Minorities/Female/Disabled/Veteran
VEVRAA Federal Contractor
Jobs that might be of interest:Cash Centre Manager
Location: Harlow, Essex
Apply now Receptionist
Location: Galway, Ireland
Apply now Section Manager Cash Centre
Location: Nine Elms SW8
Apply now Superintendent
Location: Willowbrook, Illinois
Apply now Branch Manager - Security Industry
Location: Edmonton, Alberta