Substance Misuse Worker Milton Keynes, Buckinghamshire £23,825.00
Substance Misuse WorkerLocation: Milton Keynes, Buckinghamshire | Salary: £23,825.00 | Posted: 6 Aug 2020 | Closes: 20 Aug 2020 | Job Type: Permanent & Full-time | Business Unit: UK Central Government Services | Region / Division: UK & Ireland | Reference: 9032
Substance Misuse Case Worker
Oakhill Secure Training Centre, Milton Keynes
Salary: £23,825.00 per annum
Full Time 40 Hours per week
G4S Custodial and Detention Services works closely with the Youth Justice Services for England and Wales to ensure that its regimes and designs reflect best practice in residential care to prevent offending.
At Oakhill Secure Training Centre we look after young people aged 12 to 18 years old who have been remanded or sentenced to periods of detention. The vulnerable young people in our care can be challenging with a wide range of social and emotional complex needs. This is an environment that calls for high standards of social care and service delivery to provide a secure and stable environment for young people to develop their life skills and address the behaviours that have led them into custody.
You should have excellent interpersonal skills and must act with consistency, fairness and integrity in order to build mutual trust and respect with the young people.
We are looking for a resilient and confident team player to join us in working directly with the young people, you will support your immediate team in carrying out assessments and devising care plans to ensure the needs of the young person are met. You will take an active role in the planning and delivery of educational programs and specific group work tailored to the needs of young people.
At G4S, we invest heavily in our people. As well as ongoing support and development opportunities we offer generous holiday entitlement, company pension, an onsite gym, free onsite parking and the chance to do an extraordinary job – every day.
The successful candidate will be required to plan for, support with, and deliver high quality, effective therapeutic interventions tailored to the needs of those engaging in services through 1-1’s and/or Group Work. To keep timely and accurate records of assessment, planning and engagement, ensuring that KPI’s are reported accurately each month.
- Provide the services key activities: assessments, implementation, monitoring and review of Young People’s Care plans.
- Support in providing and delivering a range of psychosocial intervention and other evidence based intervention to reduce risk relating to substances both to self and others, including offending related behaviours, engendering positive change for individuals.
- Train, support, guide and advice relevant stakeholders, external agencies and parents/carers, on substance misuse and its associated risks as well as links to offending to ensure a coordinated professional approach, which meets the young people’s substance misuse needs.
- To manage a Caseload, ensuring a programme of care is in place for all with an identified need. To also liaise with community partners to optimise through care provision, delivering a range of services as part of a multi agency approach to meet the young people’s needs.
- Make representation in meetings (internal and external) to advocate for and promote the wellbeing of those involved with the service. To share practice and support others.
- To complete administrative tasks as necessary to effectively support and carry out role. To provide support to the wider team and manager in tasks as necessary and reasonably requested.
- Assist in the promotion of creating a positive Health & Safety culture to achieve and maintain recognition as a British Safety Council 5 Star business unit.
The Ideal Candidate:
- Recognised qualification
- Experience of working with young people with substance misuse problems
- Experience of project/ work planning, monitoring and reviewing
It is every employee’s responsibility to promote and safeguard the welfare of children and young persons he/she is responsible for or comes into contact with. Therefore every employee will be required to hold a current enhanced DBS (Disclosure & Barring Scheme) certificate.
Please note that these vacancies are subject to a 10 year checkable history and the strict vetting standards set by G4S and the Youth Justice Services and are exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act.
Equality and Diversity is an important part of G4S Custodial and Detention Services. We actively encourage applications from all diverse groups
You must be eligible to work in the UK and must have been resident in the UK for a minimum period of 3 years. You will also need to provide full details of your employment and education history for the last 10 years as part of the security screening process for this role.
Jobs that might be of interest:Residential Manager
Location: Milton Keynes, Buckinghamshire
Apply now Secure Care Officer (Oakhill STC, Milton Keynes)
Location: Milton Keynes, Buckinghamshire
Apply now Part Time Clinical Psychologist
Location: MILTON KEYNES, Buckinghamshire
Apply now Flexi Crisis Worker- Slough
Location: Thames Valley, Slough
Apply now Clinical Lead
Location: Rugby, Warwickshire