Substance Misuse Team Leader - HMP Durham Durham £28,050 - £36,644
Substance Misuse Team Leader - HMP DurhamLocation: Durham | Salary: £28,050 - £36,644 | Posted: 12 Dec 2019 | Closes: 23 Jan 2020 | Job Type: Permanent & Full-time | Business Unit: Health Services | Region / Division: UK & Ireland | Reference: 7588
Substance Misuse Team Leader (Registered Nurse)
£28,050 to £36,644 per annum
Full Time - 37.5 hours per week
G4S Health Services has been one of the leading providers to all justice health environments since 2005. Working across Secure, Custody and Sexual Assault Referral Centres (SARC) across the UK, we provide primary care and forensic healthcare to a wide range of patients.
HMP Durham is a reception prison accommodating remands and men serving short sentences of no more than 56 days. With the high turn over, the healthcare focus is on immediate needs and safety. This may include substance misuse issues, mental health, physical injury and acute illness. As a member of the nursing team, you would be providing reception screening procedures, emergency response, immunisation and screening services, medication administration and medication management procedures.
We are recruiting for a Substance Misuse Team Leader to join our team.
Benefits as a Substance Misuse Team Leader (Registered Nurse):
- Salary of £28,050 to £36,644 per annum
- Company pension scheme with employer contributions
- G4S Life Assurance Scheme
- G4S Great for Savings: Discounts on high street shops and brands including several leading high street brands, retailers and travel suppliers
- G4S Box Office: As an official supplier to The O2, employees have the chance to buy tickets for a range of events
- O2 Discounts: For discounted offers on handsets, tariffs and broadband
- Eye Care Vouchers – Free eye-tests/discounts for VDU users
- Hospital Saturday Fund (HSF) Health Plan
- Charity work- Match-IT and Payroll Giving
- Employee Care Scheme (Best Doctors and First Assist Counselling Services)
- Refer A Friend Scheme
- Love to Shop Campaigns
As Substance Misuse Team Leader, you will be responsible for the daily operational co-ordination of healthcare and substance misuse clinical delivery. You will lead on predetermined aspects of service delivery, staff management and development and provide clinical leadership and support.
The Ideal Candidate:
- Part 1 NMC registration
- Clinical skills training or willing to undertake training
- Non-medical prescribing qualification, or willing to undertake training
- Experience of working within substance addiction
- Experience of working and co-ordinating a team at Senior staff nurse or equivalent level
- Able to demonstrate a high level of literacy and numeracy
- Able to provide examples of diversity in practice
- Able to work within challenging and complex situations
- Evidence of ability to develop and maintain effective working relationships at all levels
- RCGP 1 Substance misuse
Offers are subject to terms and conditions and receipt of satisfactory references, enhanced DBS check and prison vetting.
This role requires the ability to work with vulnerable, frail people, who may be distressed or experiencing pain, in a caring and compassionate way. A Criminal Records Bureau check will therefore be required to exclude any individual with a history of criminal behaviour which could be considered unacceptable (by G4S or the clients) in a patient care environment. Safety is of paramount importance and the post holder must ensure that safe systems of work are followed without compromise. The post holder needs to be committed to maintaining high standards of customer care and service delivery.
Jobs that might be of interest:Bank Substance Misuse Nurse - RGN /RMN
Apply now Primary Care Nurse Team Leader
Apply now Staff Nurse - Deerbolt YOI
Apply now Substance Misuse Specialist / Non-Medical Prescriber - HMP Durham
Apply now Long Term Condition Nurse