Substance Misuse Specialist / Non-Medical Prescriber - HMP Durham Durham £32,900 - £43,500
Substance Misuse Specialist / Non-Medical Prescriber - HMP DurhamLocation: Durham | Salary: £32,900 - £43,500 | Posted: 30 Aug 2019 | Closes: 11 Oct 2019 | Job Type: Permanent & Full-time | Business Unit: Health Services | Region / Division: UK & Ireland | Reference: 7596
G4S Health Services has been one of the leading providers to all justice health environments since 2005. Working across Secure, Custody and Sexual Assault Referral Centres (SARC) across the UK, we provide primary care and forensic healthcare to a wide range of patients.
HMP Durham a reception prison accommodating remands and men serving short sentences of no more than 56 days. With the high turn over, the healthcare focus is on immediate needs and safety. This may include substance misuse issues, mental health, physical injury and acute illness. As a member of the nursing team, you would be providing reception screening procedures, emergency response, immunisation and screening services, medication administration and medication management procedures.
We are recruiting for a Substance Misuse Specialist/ Non-Medical Prescriber to join our team.
Benefits as a Substance Misuse Specialist and Non-Medical Prescriber:
- Salary of £32,900 - £43,500 per annum
- Company pension scheme with employer contributions
- G4S Life Assurance Scheme
- G4S Great for Savings: Discounts on high street shops and brands including several leading high street brands, retailers and travel suppliers
- G4S Box Office: As an official supplier to The O2, employees have the chance to buy tickets for a range of events
- O2 Discounts: For discounted offers on handsets, tariffs and broadband
- Eye Care Vouchers – Free eye-tests/discounts for VDU users
- Hospital Saturday Fund (HSF) Health Plan
- Charity work- Match-IT and Payroll Giving
- Employee Care Scheme (Best Doctors and First Assist Counselling Services)
- Refer A Friend Scheme
- Love to Shop Campaigns
Full Time: 37.5 hours per week
As a Substance Misuse Specialist/ Non-Medical Prescriber, you will be responsible for the contribution of successful and effective delivery of Substance Misuse Clinical Services to the North East Prison population.
You will work with colleagues within the North East region, ensuring the effective delivery of a Substance Misuse Clinical Services in the wider region and will work within a multi-disciplinary team in a prison setting, providing care to patients with complex substance misuse problems, from the point of entry into the prison system to re-entry into the community so that re-offending is reduced and the health and social functioning of clients is improved.
You will also ensure the provision of a health services that meets the physical and mental health needs of offenders in line with professional, contractual and company requirements
The Ideal Candidate:
- Part 1 NMC registration
- Able to demonstrate a high level of literacy and numeracy
- Able to provide examples of diversity in practice
- Able to work within challenging and complex situations
- Evidence of ability to develop and maintain effective working relationships at all level.
- Hold an Independent Nurse prescriber qualification
- Experience of managing patients with substance misuse issues – both drug and alcohol
- Proven post nursing registration experience
Jobs that might be of interest:Bank Substance Misuse Nurse - RGN /RMN
Apply now Staff Nurse - Deerbolt YOI
Apply now Primary Care Nurse - HMP Durham
Apply now Complex Care and Inpatient Manager
Apply now Primary Care Clinical Lead