Substance Misuse Nurse Brasside, Durham £23,628 - £30,246
Substance Misuse NurseLocation: Brasside, Durham | Salary: £23,628 - £30,246 | Posted: 30 Jan 2019 | Closes: 17 Feb 2019 | Job Type: Permanent & Full-time | Business Unit: Health Services | Region / Division: UK & Ireland
Substance Misuse Nurse
HMP Frankland, Brasside, Durham
£23,628 - £30,246 per annum
£1500 'Golden Hello' bonus upon starting with the company*
Full Time - 37.5 hours per week
G4S Health Services has been one of the leading providers to all justice health environments since 2005. Working across Secure, Custody and Sexual Assault Referral Centres (SARC) across the UK, we provide primary care and forensic healthcare to a wide range of patients.
HMP Frankland is a High Security prison holding Category A, Category A High Risk and Category B adult males, serving 10 years and over, IPP or Life sentences plus High and Standard Risk category A remand prisoners.
Frankland has 6 house blocks, with anything up to 120 prisoners on each unit. Frankland also has Westgate unit - three units, when fully operational hold 65 prisoners. This house block includes the psychologically informed planned environment (PIPE) unit. Frankland also has a 13 bed Inpatient facility.
We provide a vast range of services in Frankland including Primary care, Mental health, Drug and Alcohol services and Dental. We also have access to Telehealth on site
Our Primary care team comprises of Head of Healthcare, Clinical Lead, Practice Manager and 3 senior nurses and we have 18 staff nurses, 10 Healthcare support workers, 1 Porter and 2 Chaperones. Staff nurses and HCSW work shifts on a rotational basis to include weekend working and night shifts.
We are recruiting for a Substance Misuse Nurse to join our team at HMP Frankland
Benefits as a Substance Misuse Nurse:
- Salary of £23,628 - £30,246 per annum
- Company pension scheme with employer contributions
- Life assurance
- Employee discount scheme
- Childcare vouchers
- O2, Aviva and British Gas discounts
- £1500 'Golden Hello' bonus upon starting with the company*
The post holder will contribute to the positive and aspirational workings of the nursing team, by promoting an agenda of recovery from the dependence on drugs and/or alcohol within the client group and which supports the goals of reducing re-offending, increasing re-integration into meaningful and sustained occupation and improving social and family relationships.
The purpose of this post is to provide clinical skills and interventions to substance misusing clients and to deliver them to the highest standard of care and in line with latest national guidelines and standards, G4S policies and procedures and statutory frameworks governing patient care in a prison setting. The Staff Nurse is a practice nurse as well as a clinical supervisor/leader for Health Support Workers (HCSW) or Nursing Assistants and therefore carries responsibility for the provision of high quality, effective and safe treatment and recovery services for our service users.
- To contribute to the workings of the multidisciplinary team responsible for the delivery of specialist substance misuse treatment and recovery interventions for drug and alcohol misusers.
- To innovatively support the continuing development of Prison Substance Misuse/DART Services within national guidelines, through the efficient and effective management of resources at their disposal.
- To contribute to development/negotiation of partnership working mechanisms with all key providers within the prison environment and to promote good partnership working relationships in all nurses.
- To be familiar with all aspects of security and safety, consistent with working within a custodial framework and will ensure that positive and effective communication links exist between themselves, prison staff, Non-Clinical DART Team, community teams/services and any other agency in meeting the needs of this client group.
- To work with the Senior Nurse to develop, implement and manage change processes from planning and implementation to evaluation/review of evidence based practice, using clinical governance frameworks that respond to need and effective management of risk.
- To contribute to facilities/equipment’s maintenance appropriately and in line with health and safety regulations.
- To contribute to the development of systems that promotes regular management, supervision and appraisals for all Nursing Assistants / Health Care Support Workers under their responsibility and in line with G4S policy and procedure.
- To contribute to all information requirements on Key Performance Indicators (KPI’s) and to ensure the collection of information by self and the Nursing Assistants / Health Care Support Workers under their responsibility and ensure entry onto appropriate information systems as and when required.
- The post holder will contribute to the achievement of agreed key performance targets held within partnership treatment plans, G4S service improvement plans and personal performance plans.
- To contribute to compliance with clinical case note recording systems (e.g. System 1) and maintain up to date and accurate client files that reflect assessment, case management, care planning, care co-ordination, risk management, discharge and engagement plans.
- With the Senior Nurse be responsible for the performance management of the Nursing Assistants / Health Care Support Workers under their responsibility and to develop and implement action plans to address areas of under-performance as needed.
- To assist the Senior Nurse in ensuring that all G4S policies and procedures, including Serious Incident and Complaints policies are fully implemented and complied with.
- To organise and/or provide management / clinical / professional supervision for Nursing Assistants / Health Care Support Workers under their responsibility and in line with G4S and professional requirements.
- To deputise for the Senior Nurse as required.
- To undertake the required training courses as specified by the G4S for Staff Nurses.
The Ideal Candidate:
Part 1 NMC registration
Experience of working within a team
Able to demonstrate a high level of literacy and numeracy
Able to provide examples of diversity in practice
Able to work within challenging and complex situations
Experience of working with potentially aggressive people
Evidence of ability to develop and maintain effective working relationships at all levels
*Golden Hello Scheme
Are you a qualified nurse or healthcare professional looking for a new post in a dynamic, values-led and supportive organisation?
G4S Healthcare has introduced a ‘Golden Hello’ Scheme to reward candidates for choosing G4S Healthcare as an employer. The scheme applies upon the successful full time contracted recruitment of Qualified Nursing Posts.
Following all satisfactory pre-employment checks and commencement of employment, you will receive the payment in two instalments as follows:
- £750 on commencement of employment (once all satisfactory pre-employment checks have been completed)
- £750 on successful completion of 6 months service.
The payments will be non-pensionable and will be subject to tax and national insurane deductions.
Further information will be discussed at interview, should you be successful.
Please note this vacancy may close early if sufficient applications are received.