Substance Misuse/DART Nurse Stockton-on-Tees £25,563 - £30,822
Substance Misuse/DART NurseLocation: Stockton-on-Tees | Salary: £25,563 - £30,822 | Posted: 30 Jan 2019 | Closes: 14 Feb 2019 | Job Type: Permanent & Full-time | Business Unit: Health Services | Region / Division: UK & Ireland
Substance Misuse/DART Nurse
Location: HMP Holme House
Salary: £25,563 - £30,822 per annum
£1500 'Golden Hello' payment*
37.5 hours per week
G4S Health Services has been one of the leading providers to all justice health environments since 2005. Working across Secure, Custody and Sexual Assault Referral Centres (SARC) across the UK, we provide primary care and forensic healthcare to a wide range of patients.
Holme House is a prison that holds up to 1200 sentenced men over the age of 18, in 7 residential units, it also includes a 16 bedded in patient unit for the North East Region.
We provide primary care in a range of clinics which include but are not limited to Dressings / Venepuncture/ Nurse Triage / Smoking Cessation. We also provide 16 dedicated 24 hour inpatient beds for the North East region. The needs of the men range from Physical / Social Care to Mental Health conditions and also 2 dedicated ‘palliative care beds’. Holme House also has a dedicated DART (Drug Alcohol Recovery Team). We also administer medication up to 4 times a day; this includes Controlled Drugs (CD’s) and Opiate Substitution Treatment (OST).
Our team is made up of Head of Health care Mr Paul McTague, 4 Senior Managers then 8 teams managed by a Senior Nurse. Each team consists of a Senior Nurse, Staff Nurses, Team Support Workers and Pharmacy Technicians. Each team also has a specific specialist role e.g.: Diabetes / Cardiac Disease / Health promotion.
At Holme House we are close to the A19 for easy access. We have a free staff car park and a gym within the prison that staff may use. We also have supermarkets in the vicinity.
We are recruiting for a Substance Misuse/DART Nurse to join our team.
Benefits as a Substance Misuse/DART Nurse:
- Salary of £25,563 - £30,822 per annum
- £1500 Golden Hello Payment*
- Company pension scheme with employer contributions
- Life assurance
- Employee discount scheme
- Childcare vouchers
- O2, Aviva and British Gas discounts
To provide care for the physical and mental health needs of offenders in line with professional, contractual and company requirements
- Provide health and social care to offenders to ensure a professional service is delivered in line with professional, contractual and company standards, including security instructions.
- Undertake assessments of offenders to identify physical and mental health needs and determine the appropriate level of intervention, care and management.
- To work predominantly within own area of specialism but to operate as part of a team delivering generic primary care services.
- Liaise with key stakeholders, including external agencies, to ensure the delivery of an effective and appropriate health service.
- Provide professional advice and support to allied health professionals and non-clinical staff to ensure the effective health and social care of offenders in line with current best practice.
- Coach, support and supervise healthcare staff, as required, to develop their skills in line with professional standards and current best practice as appropriate.
- Promote an understanding of, and develop health and social care services within the prison environment to maximize personal well-being and promote independence.
- Promotion of a positive health, safety and infection control culture to maintain a safe environment for all stakeholders.
- Administer medications in accordance with professional, contractual and company requirements
- Complete all relevant documentation to deadline in accordance with professional, contractual and company requirements.
- To work at all times within the bounds of confidentiality, adhering to data protection and maintaining Caldicott Guidelines.
- Communicate effectively with appropriate others to minimize risk.
- To operate within the equality and diversity framework.
- Participate in bi annual Employee Development Review (EDR).
- Engage where appropriate in the selection, training and development of healthcare professionals and other related staff, in conjunction with appropriate others.
- Operate in accordance with the NMC Code of Conduct and G4S policies and procedures, adhering to legislation and best practice, undertaking further training as identified in conjunction with Line Manager.
- Any additional duties as negotiated with your Line Manager.
The Ideal Candidate:
- Part 1 NMC registration
- Experience of working within a team
- Able to demonstrate a high level of literacy and numeracy
- Able to provide examples of diversity in practice
- Able to work within challenging and complex situations
- Experience of working with potentially aggressive people
- Evidence of ability to develop and maintain effective working relationships at all levels
- Please note that this vacancy is subject to a minimum 5 - 10 year checkable employment and education history including criminal record vetting.
- To apply for this role, you must be eligible to work in the UK.
*Golden Hello Scheme
Are you a qualified nurse or healthcare professional looking for a new post in a dynamic, values-led and supportive organisation?
G4S Healthcare has introduced a ‘Golden Hello’ Scheme to reward candidates for choosing G4S Healthcare as an employer. The scheme applies upon the successful full time contracted recruitment of Qualified Nursing Posts.
Following all satisfactory pre-employment checks and commencement of employment, you will receive the payment in two instalments as follows:
- £750 on commencement of employment (once all satisfactory pre-employment checks have been completed)
- £750 on successful completion of 6 months service.
The payments will be non-pensionable and will be subject to tax and national insurance deductions.
Further information will be discussed at interview, should you be successful.
Please note this vacancy may close early if sufficient applications are received.