Strategic Cash Allocation Clerk Worksop, Nottinghamshire S81 7QF £21,500
Strategic Cash Allocation ClerkLocation: Worksop, Nottinghamshire S81 7QF | Salary: £21,500 | Posted: 23 Sep 2021 | Closes: 6 Oct 2021 | Job Type: Permanent & Full-time | Region / Division: UK & Ireland | Reference: G4S/MS/2191
Competitive salary, 25 days holiday plus bank holidays, contributory pension scheme, life assurance, Study suppport, Gympass fitness & wellbeing, HSF health plan, Employee advantage schemes, Perks at work scheme, free parking
We have an exciting opportunity for a permanent, full-time Strategic Cash Allocation Clerk to join our Accounts Receivable team at our Regional Office in Worksop. The role is 40 hours per week, Monday to Friday 08.30 to 17.00. The successful applicant would be responsible for ensuring that G4S customer payments are allocated in an accurate and timely manner and customer accounts are reconciled. You must be able to effectively manage your own workload and that of a small team. You will be a confident communicator both verbally and in writing. You must also have the ability to establish and maintain good customer relationships both internally and externally, at all levels. You will also be able to provide ongoing guidance, support & training to all members of the Cash Allocation team. In return, we offer a competitive salary of £21,500, 25 days holiday plus bank holidays, a contributory pension scheme, life assurance, Gympass health & wellbeing, HSF health plan scheme, employee discounts schemes, Perks at work and free parking. In addition to this, on successful completion of your probation period, we also offer study support to assist your personal development to progress your career in finance.
Allied Universal®, a leading security and facility services company, provides proactive security services and cutting-edge smart technology to deliver tailored, integrated security solutions that allow clients to focus on their core business. Our acquisition of G4S in 2021 expands our footprint and infrastructure on a global and local level. Through our vast network of more than 800,000 employees, we leverage global best practices in communities all over the world. Operating in around more than 80 countries with revenues of $18 billion, we are supported by efficient processes and systems that can only come with scale to help deliver our promise locally: keeping people safe so our communities can thrive. We believe there is no greater purpose than serving and safeguarding customers, communities, and people in today’s world. Allied Universal is There for you™. For more information, please visit www.aus.com.
Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities
- Be the first point of escalation within the Cash Allocation Team.
- Deliver ongoing training and support.
- Identify and escalate issues and incidents.
- Update daily team calls and ticket statistics.
- Daily assignment of tickets to the team. Ensure that service requests are completed and successfully resolved within the agreed service level. In T/L absence
- Ensure that month-end balance sheet reconciliations are completed within agreed timescales.
- Check that all daily banking reconciliations are complete & correct.
- Responsible for direct debits
- System testing
- Assist with any audit requirements
- Look for process improvement opportunities for FSSC service delivery.
- Work to a daily team target set by the team leader.
- Reconcile a high volume of customer payments and ensure accurate and timely allocation.
- Review & investigation of unallocated cash.
- Process refunds on customer credit balances in line with G4S procedures.
- Make adjustments to the receivables ledger where required.
- Close liaison with the collections team regarding any queries.
- Any other Ad hoc tasks as required.
Experience & Attributes
- Strong skills in MS Excel, MS Word, MS PowerPoint
- Numerate and Literate
- An understanding of SAP, ORACLE and/or other Finance systems.
- A good understanding of accounting systems and the interactions of ledgers within Accounts Receivable.
- Experience of leading teams to deliver against SLA’s and to achieve business goals.
- Experience in completing complex reconciliations.
- Experience of developing and coaching team members to maximise potential.
- Experience of working in a busy Customer Service/Finance environment
It is G4S’ current policy (subject to the Equality Act 2010), in the light of the specific work being undertaken, that all [employees] must be fully vaccinated or have had the relevant [“full”]Covid-19 vaccinations [(including any “waiting period”)] by their commencement date.
G4S will consider its obligations under the Equality Act 2010 and whether or not, in the circumstances of any protected characteristic under that legislation, any exemption or variation to the vaccination policy should be exceptionally applied.
The Ideal Candidate:
- Should possess the drive to deliver a high quality service to help promote the Financial Shared Service Centre
- Excellent attention to detail required to resolve complex reconciliation issues
- Ability to motivate a team to deliver against agreed service levels
- Team Player must be willing to help, support and encourage colleagues
- Good time management skills to ensure own and team targets are prioritised.
- Ability to keep calm under pressure
Jobs that might be of interest:Billing Support Specialist - Accounts Receivable
Apply now Service Desk Analyst
Location: Centurion Pretoria
Apply now Service Desk and Field Engineer
Location: Centurion Pretoria
Apply now Settlements Team Leader
Apply now Settlements Administrator: G4S Deposita South Africa