Stores Person/Fork Lift Truck DriverLocation: Liverpool, Liverpool | Salary: £20,116.41 | Posted: 4 May 2022 | Closes: 18 May 2022 | Job Type: Full Time and Permanent | Business Unit: UK Central Government Services | Region / Division: UK & Ireland | Reference: 11727
Stores Person/Fork Lift Truck Driver
G4S Care & Rehabilitation Services
HMP Altcourse, Fazakerley. Liverpool
Salary: £20,116.41 per annum
Permanent, Full-Time – 39 Hours per week
Benefits: Company Pension, free on-site parking, on-site canteen, local Gym discounts, ongoing training and development and access to High Street Shop discounts.
Within Care and Rehabilitation Services, the philosophy of our prisons is to rehabilitate offenders and equip them to re-integrate into mainstream society on release. We seek to normalize prison conditions as far as possible to reflect life in the outside community. Our aim is to create an environment in which staff and prisoners feel safe and causes of prison stress are minimized. Central to our philosophy is the relationship between staff and prisoners. Our training and operational practices emphasize the need to treat prisoners with dignity and respect and G4S staff build positive and supportive relationships with the prisoners in their care. HMP Altcourse, a category B local prison, in Fazakerly Liverpool, holding over 1200 adult male offenders.
We now have an opportunity for a Stores Person/Fork Lift Truck Driver to join our team at HMP Altcourse.
Job Outline: To ensure goods are received, moved and stored safely and correctly within the prison.
- The operator is accountable for the safe and efficient operation of the vehicle
- To unload inbound and load outbound deliveries safely (by hand where required)
- To move goods within the establishment to the required locations.
- Efficiently stack and store the goods.
- Use radio frequency equipment when being notified of deliveries, as required.
- Maintain the facility’s equipment and materials in a neat, clean, and orderly fashion.
- Conduct daily equipment maintenance checks
- Complete relevant paperwork, delivery notes and forms
- To operate all equipment in a safe and efficient manner following prescribed work methods.
- Ensure the maintenance of security within the prison environment by compliance with security instructions.
The Ideal Candidate:
- Fork Lift Truck licence.
- Working in a secure environment
- Experience of lone working
- Organization and prioritization skills
- A full driving licence.
If you join us, you can be sure that you’ll find a secure, friendly and professional working environment and be given all the support, training and encouragement you need to build and develop a successful career with us.
Equality and Diversity is an important part of G4S Care and Rehabilitation Services. We actively encourage applications from all backgrounds and are a fully inclusive employer who aims to support all employees to be their true selves. We are happy to discuss any reasonable adjustments for either the role or during the recruitment process
G4S Care and Rehabilitation Services is committed to safeguarding and promoting the wellbeing of children and adults at risk and each employee is expected to support these goals.
Please note that these vacancies are subject to a 5 year checkable history and the strict vetting standards set by G4S and the Secretary of State for the Home Office and are exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act.
You must be eligible to work in the UK and must have been resident in the UK for a minimum period of 3 years. You will also need to provide full details of your employment and education history for the last 5 years as part of the security screening process for this role.