Stores Operative Liverpool £9.80 per hour
Stores OperativeLocation: Liverpool | Salary: £9.80 per hour | Posted: 27 Jan 2022 | Closes: 27 Feb 2022 | Job Type: Full Time and Permanent | Region / Division: UK & Ireland | Reference: G4S/CD/7351
Pension, Life Assurance, Employee Assistance Programme, Up to 5 Week's Holiday
G4S (now part of Allied Universal) is the largest secure solutions company in the world and one of Britain's top Employers. Our Cash Management Solutions business has expertise in secure logistics and payment services including cash and valuables transportation, cash processing, ATM and cash centre outsourcing, secure storage and retrieval and merchant services.
As an employee of G4S Cash Solutions, each role will have specific responsibilities for the identification, management and control of risk in order to safeguard the business, staff, customers, assets and reputation. Every G4S employee has a role to play in understanding and supporting the business in embedding effective risk management controls and assurance and be integral to the effectiveness and success of G4S.
Allied Universal, a leading security and facility services company, provides proactive security services and cutting-edge smart technology to deliver tailored, integrated security solutions that allow clients to focus on their core business. Our acquisition of G4S in 2021 expands our footprint and infrastructure on a global and local level. Through our vast network of more than 800,000 employees, we leverage global best practices in communities all over the world. Operating in around more than 80 countries with revenues of $18 billion, we are supported by efficient processes and systems that can only come with scale to help deliver our promise locally: keeping people safe so our communities can thrive. We believe there is no greater purpose than serving and safeguarding customers, communities, and people in today's world. Allied Universal is There for you. For more information, please visit www.aus.com.
We currently have a number of opportunities for Stores Operatives to join our team and be a part of our continued success. As a Stores Operative, you will be at the very heart of our operation. Due to the nature of the industry in which we operate, you will need to be confident working to stringent procedures within a highly regulated environment. This will ensure that our service remains superior and that our customers’ requirements are met with optimum efficiency.
- Collating information from numerous sources, picking and logging stores for onward distribution to our customers.
- Consolidating information on a monthly basis for accounting purposes.
- Placing monthly orders using SAP for bags, seals, uniform and other items as required.
Maintaining company standards, processes, procedures and ensuring adherence to customer requirements. Working as part of a small team, Flexibility and great communication skills will be required as well as a keen eye for detail.
The Ideal Candidate:
- Complete process of issuing stores to customers.
- Ordering and receipting of deliveries.
- Effective filing of all PO/Delivery paperwork.
- Stock count preparation/execution/reconciliation.
- Treat all colleagues with dignity and respect
- Respond swiftly to customer inquiries/requests.
- Expedite order schedule.
- Purchase order creation and expedition
- Working knowledge of stock control systems, VIPER would be an advantage.
- Competent MS Office user
- Open and honest communications with all colleagues and internal/external customers.
This role profile will be subject to change in accordance with departmental developments and the job holder’s expertise.
So what makes a successful Stores Operative?
To succeed as a G4S Stores Operative, you will need to be confident following specific procedures and instructions and be able to work to tight deadlines.
- Firstly, you will need to be confident in communicating with customers and colleagues in both written and spoken English.
- You will have well-developed interpersonal and organisational skills
- An appropriate level of numeracy is also very important.
- You will need to be confident following specific procedures and instructions.
- You must also be able to work to tight deadlines.
- Previous stores operative experience would very extremely beneficial, as would experience using IT, computer systems and Microsoft Office.
- Finally, you must be continuously focused on providing a top notch service to our customers by being efficient, flexible and at all times’ security conscious.
We also have some specific security criteria that you will need to meet:
- You must be able to pass a criminal record check as well as a personal credit and ID check.
- You must also have a 5 year employment/unemployment/educational history that we can check and verify.
- You will need to be prepared to undergo airport style searches when entering and leaving our premises and be comfortable working within a secure and confined environment.
We’ll provide all the training and support to help you progress as a key member of a world-class team. And in addition to a culture that believes in promoting from within, we offer up to five weeks paid holiday, pension scheme, life assurance and We Care: 24/7 access to online GP, mental health support and virtual well-being.
This role will be subject to a medical review, which may include a medical assessment with an occupational health practitioner.
If this opportunity is of interest then we want to hear from you. Please click the “Apply Now” button to submit your formal application.