Stock Controller (Durban) - G4S Cash Solutions - South Africa Durban Market Related
Stock Controller (Durban) - G4S Cash Solutions - South AfricaLocation: Durban | Salary: Market Related | Posted: 23 Jan 2019 | Closes: 29 Jan 2019 | Job Type: Permanent & Full-time | Business Unit: South Africa - Cash Solutions | Region / Division: Sub-Saharan Africa | Reference: G4S/TP/3655961/142327
Remuneration and benefits will be commensurate with the seniority of the role and in compliance with company remuneration policy and practice.
G4S Cash Solutions (SA), a leading provider of integrated cash management solutions, has a vacancy for a Stock Controller based at our operations in Durban.
Reporting to the Branch Administrator, this role is responsible to manage and control all consumable stock in a branch.
The successful incumbent is a self-starter with a proven track record in maintaining company policy, adopting best practices, and is able to exercise sound judgement in the pursuit of the achievement of the goals of the organisation, and understanding the role which facilities management plays within a successful business unit. The incumbent will be expected to be results driven and to live the values of the organisation.
- Monitor and Control of all Consumable Stock
- Perform audits on all branch consumable stock
- Timeous ordering of all replenished consumable stock
- Ensure that the ordered consumable stock is delivered timeously
- Packing of all consumable stock into the bulk bags for deliveries
- Arrange the delivery of consumable stock (emergency stock requirements only) with Planners and Branch Security Officers when the consumable stock needs to be delivered with a branch schedule
- Monitor and report all damaged stock to the supplier for replacement or a credit.
- Monitor and Control of Driver – Consumable Stock
- Schedule all deliveries for the driver of consumable stock
- Obtain a daily report from the driver of consumable stock re proof of deliveries
- Completion of documentation
- Ensure completion of the stock register for all movements of stock into and out of the branch.
- Compare consumable stock register to SAP consumable stock register report for audit monitoring and control
- Complete delivery notes for consumable stock delivery
- Complete invoice for all customer deliveries on consumable stock
- Ensure all necessary signatories on the bulk receipt books in the movement of consumable stock
- Customer Communication in respect of the Consumable Stock procedure
- Give advice on the process of ordering consumable stock
- Follow up on the delivering of consumable stock
- Handle all customer queries and complaints on consumable stock
- Give customer training if required and fully understand the procedures of all consumables supplied to clients and in stock.
- Health and Safety
- Participate in the design/ development/ review/ implementation and monitoring of the branch/region/national safety plans for each year.
- Participate in safety forums created by company for example safety meetings and safety talks
- Report all safety incidents to the relevant people
- Discuss all safety incidents on all levels
- Follow-up on any activities assigned through safety meeting/committee/representative/management
- Attend safety education and refresher programmes
- Comply with safety policies and procedures at workplace
- Distribute safety information as and when required
The Ideal Candidate:
- Grade 10
- Diploma in Logistics (preferential)
- knowledge of G4S policies and procedures in management and control of consumable stock
- Knowledge of G4S business ethics policy
- Good MS office (word and excel) proven skills
- Excellent numerical ability
- Verbal and written communication skills
- Assist customers with queries and complaints
- Record vital information of consumable stock consignments
- Delivering objectives
- Supporting and working with others
- Acting professionally
- Delivering great customer service
We welcome applications from all suitably qualified candidates, but SA citizens will have a distinct advantage.
About the Company:
G4S is the world’s leading international security solutions group, which specialises in outsourced business processes in sectors where security and safety risks are considered a strategic threat. G4S is the largest employer quoted on the London Stock Exchange and has a secondary stock exchange listing in Copenhagen. G4S has operations in more than 125 countries and 657,000 employees.
G4S operates in over 25 countries in Africa and employs over 105 000 people on the continent. At G4S South Africa, our vision is to be recognised as the leader in providing security solutions. We therefore endeavour to build and maintain a motivated, capable workforce who are proud to work for our region and able to deliver our commercial strategy. We continue to build on the excellent people management practices which are in place across the Group in order to fully engage our workforce.
G4S is an organisation which is defined by its values, which are:
- We act with Integrity and Respect - Our business activities and relationships are built on trust, honesty and openness. We do what we promise and always strive to do the right thing. We listen. We treat our colleagues, customers and those in our care with the utmost respect.
- We are passionate about Safety, Security and Service Excellence - We are passionate about working safely and take great care to protect our colleagues and customers from harm. We are experts in security and use that knowledge to protect our customer’s assets. We keep our promises and are passionate about delivering high levels of customer service.
- We achieve this through Innovation and Teamwork - We invest in technology and best practice to continuously improve the products and services we offer. We challenge ourselves to find new ways of helping our customers achieve their goals. We work together as a team, valuing everyone’s contribution, to ensure we achieve the best results for our customers and our business.
For more information on G4S, please visit: www.g4s.com
Jobs that might be of interest:Secure Driver Harlow
Apply now Courier- Liverpool
Apply now Driver - Bloxwich
Apply now Secure Driver
Location: Nine Elms SW8
Apply now Part Time Coin room Operative.20 Hours a week 15:00pm - 19:00PM