Staff Nurse - HMP Frankland Durham, Durham £25,714 to £31,612
Staff Nurse - HMP FranklandLocation: Durham, Durham | Salary: £25,714 to £31,612 | Posted: 7 Aug 2019 | Closes: 2 Oct 2019 | Job Type: Permanent & Full-time | Business Unit: Health Services | Region / Division: UK & Ireland | Reference: 7741
Are you looking for a new challenge in an environment where no two days are the same? At HMP Frankland, we are a friendly and well-established team looking to recruit enthusiastic and committed Registered General Nurses.
G4S Health Services has been one of the leading providers to all justice health environments since 2005. Working across Secure, Custody and Sexual Assault Referral Centres (SARC) across the UK, we provide primary care and forensic healthcare to a wide range of patients.
HMP Frankland is a High-Security male prison which has 7 wings, holding up to 120 prisoners in each. Frankland holds adult males 21+, serving 10 years and over, IPP or Life sentences plus High and Standard Risk category A remand prisoners.
Frankland has a purpose-built separation unit, and the Management Progression unit (MPU). It also has The Westgate unit – which has three units, when fully operational and holds 65 prisoners. This Unit includes the psychologically informed planned environment (PIPE) unit. We have an inpatient unit which has the ability to hold 13 patients. We also have a specialist Palliative care suite where staff deliver the end of life care.
We welcome full time and part time applications from experienced and newly qualified nurses. Newly qualified nurses will be supported through a Preceptorship Package and further training.
We support nurses to participate in physical assessment skills training and prescribing courses, where appropriate, and place a high value on development and career opportunities. The opportunity to extend clinical skills are offered through access to training with our partner Universities, Health Education England and the NHS Leadership Academy.
Benefits as a Staff Nurse:
- £25,714 to £31,612 per annum
- Golden Hello of £1500* (£500 on starting; £1000 after 12 months)
- Free parking
- Staff gym onsite and off-site
- Subsidised staff canteen which provides breakfast and lunch and themed day on Wednesdays
- Company pension scheme with employer contributions
- G4S Life Assurance Scheme
- G4S Great for Savings: Discounts on high street shops and brands including several leading high street brands, retailers and travel suppliers
- G4S Box Office: As an official supplier to The O2, employees have the chance to buy tickets for a range of events
- O2 Discounts: For discounted offers on handsets, tariffs and broadband
- Eye Care Vouchers – Free eye-tests/discounts for VDU users
- Hospital Saturday Fund (HSF) Health Plan
- Charity work- Match-IT and Payroll Giving
- Employee Care Scheme (Best Doctors and First Assist Counselling Services)
- Refer A Friend Scheme
- Love to Shop Campaigns
As a Nurse you will be given the chance to further develop your skills, including venepuncture, wound care, emergency response, nurse triage, long term conditions and social care.
We provide a vast range of services in Frankland, including Primary Care, Mental Health, Drug and Alcohol services and Dental. We also have access to Telehealth on site. As a member of the Frankland HCC team you will have to the opportunity to receive both prisoners in and out of the establishment and complete daily clinics.
G4S value excellent patient care and has a dynamic approach to nursing in a complex setting. We welcome visits to the prison due to the uniqueness of this nursing setting. We offer competitive rates of pay for successful applicants, dependent on experience and qualifications.
The Ideal Candidate:
Essential Skills as a Staff Nurse:
- Part 1 NMC registration
- Experience of working within a team
- Able to work within challenging and complex situations
- Ability to develop and maintain effective working relationships at all levels
Offers are subject to terms and conditions and receipt of satisfactory references, enhanced DBS check and prison vetting.
This role requires the ability to work with vulnerable, frail people, who may be distressed or experiencing pain, in a caring and compassionate way. A Criminal Records Bureau check will therefore be required to exclude any individual with a history of criminal behaviour which could be considered unacceptable (by G4S or the clients) in a patient care environment. Safety is of paramount importance and the post holder must ensure that safe systems of work are followed without compromise. The post holder needs to be committed to maintaining high standards of customer care and service delivery.
*Ts &Cs apply
Jobs that might be of interest:Staff Nurse - Part Time - HMP Frankland
Location: Durham, Durham
Apply now Substance Misuse Nurse - HMP Low Newton
Location: Durham, Durham
Apply now Substance Misuse Nurse - HMP Durham
Location: County Durham, Durham
Apply now Healthcare Administrator
Apply now Senior Nurse DART Substance Misuse