Staff Nurse Barnard Castle, Durham £23,628 - £30,246
Staff NurseLocation: Barnard Castle, Durham | Salary: £23,628 - £30,246 | Posted: 29 Jan 2019 | Closes: 14 Feb 2019 | Job Type: Permanent & Full-time | Business Unit: Health Services | Region / Division: UK & Ireland | Reference: 7502
Are you looking for a career within a prison healthcare environment?
Are you a hard-working, enthusiastic and motivated Registered General and/or Mental Health Nurse with excellent communication skills, who is committed to delivering high standards of patient care in a Prison Setting? If so, then read on!
G4S Health Services has been one of the leading providers to all justice health environments since 2005. Working across Secure, Custody and Sexual Assault Referral Centres (SARC) across the UK, we provide primary care and forensic healthcare to a wide range of patients.
We are recruiting for a Staff Nurse within the Durham area (HMP Deerbolt)
HMYOI Deerbolt is an establishment on the outskirts of Barnard Castle in County Durham, which looks after young men between the ages of 18 to 21 years of age. Our service operates 7 days per week (no Night Duties ) delivering a Primary and Emergency care service to the establishment.
We operate a Primary Healthcare facility largely focusing on Health Promotion to a group of young men aged between 18 to 21 years of age. We use telemedicine to manage appropriate health referral’s and this is an ever expanding area of practice. We work closely with partnership agencies including, the Prison Service, Mental Health teams, Learning Disabilities nursing, Sexual Health Services, Substance Misuse services. Dental Services, Pharmacies and GP Services.
Benefits as a Staff Nurse
- £23,628 - £30,246 per annum
- Company pension scheme with employer contributions
- Life assurance
- Employee discount scheme
- Childcare vouchers
- O2, Aviva and British Gas discounts
- £1500 'Golden Hello' bonus upon starting with the company*
To provide care for the physical and mental health needs of offenders in line with professional, contractual and company requirements.
- Provide health and social care to offenders to ensure a professional service is delivered in line with professional, contractual and company standards, including security instructions.
- Undertake assessments of offenders to identify physical and mental health needs and determine the appropriate level of intervention, care and management.
- To work predominantly within own area of specialism but to operate as part of a team delivering generic primary care services.
- Liaise with key stakeholders, including external agencies, to ensure the delivery of an effective and appropriate health service.
- Provide professional advice and support to allied health professionals and non-clinical staff to ensure the effective health and social care of offenders in line with current best practice.
- Coach, support and supervise healthcare staff, as required, to develop their skills in line with professional standards and current best practice as appropriate.
- Promote an understanding of, and develop health and social care services within the prison environment to maximise personal well-being and promote independence.
- Promotion of a positive health, safety and infection control culture to maintain a safe environment for all stakeholders.
- Complete all relevant documentation to deadline in accordance with professional, contractual and company requirements.
- To work at all times within the bounds of confidentiality, adhering to data protection and maintaining Caldicott Guidelines.
- Communicate effectively with appropriate others to minimise risk.
- To operate within the equality and diversity framework.
- Participate in bi annual Employee Development Review (EDR).
- Engage where appropriate in the selection, training and development of healthcare professionals and other related staff, in conjunction with appropriate others.
- Operate in accordance with the NMC Code of Conduct and G4S policies and procedures, adhering to legislation and best practice, undertaking further training as identified in conjunction with Line Manager.
- Any additional duties as negotiated with your Line Manager.
The Ideal Candidate:
- Part 1 NMC registration
- Experience of working within a team
- Able to demonstrate a high level of literacy and numeracy
- Able to provide examples of diversity in practice
- Able to work within challenging and complex situations
- Experience of working with potentially aggressive people
- Evidence of ability to develop and maintain effective working relationships at all levels
*Golden Hello Scheme
Are you a qualified nurse or healthcare professional looking for a new post in a dynamic, values-led and supportive organisation?
G4S Healthcare has introduced a ‘Golden Hello’ Scheme to reward candidates for choosing G4S Healthcare as an employer. The scheme applies upon the successful full time contracted recruitment of Qualified Nursing Posts.
Following all satisfactory pre-employment checks and commencement of employment, you will receive the payment in two instalments as follows:
- £750 on commencement of employment (once all satisfactory pre-employment checks have been completed)
- £750 on successful completion of 6 months service.
The payments will be non-pensionable and will be subject to tax and national insurance deductions.
Further information will be discussed at interview, should you be successful.
Jobs that might be of interest: