Staff Nurse - Deerbolt YOI Durham £24,214 - £30,112
Staff Nurse - Deerbolt YOILocation: Durham | Salary: £24,214 - £30,112 | Posted: 5 Jul 2019 | Closes: 30 Aug 2019 | Job Type: Permanent & Full-time | Business Unit: Health Services | Region / Division: UK & Ireland | Reference: 7827
Are you looking for a new challenge in an environment where no two days are the same? We are a friendly and well-established team looking to recruit enthusiastic and committed Registered General Nurses.
G4S Health Services has been one of the leading providers to all justice health environments since 2005. Working across Secure, Custody and Sexual Assault Referral Centres (SARC) across the UK, we provide primary care and forensic healthcare to a wide range of patients.
Benefits as a Staff Nurse:
- £24,523 - £30,112 per annum
- Golden Hello of £1500* (£500 on starting; £1000 after 12 months)
- Company pension scheme with employer contributions
- G4S Life Assurance Scheme
- G4S Great for Savings: Discounts on high street shops and brands including several leading high street brands, retailers and travel suppliers
- G4S Box Office: As an official supplier to The O2, employees have the chance to buy tickets for a range of events
- O2 Discounts: For discounted offers on handsets, tariffs and broadband
- Eye Care Vouchers – Free eye-tests/discounts for VDU users
- Hospital Saturday Fund (HSF) Health Plan
- Charity work- Match-IT and Payroll Giving
- Employee Care Scheme (Best Doctors and First Assist Counselling Services)
- Refer A Friend Scheme
- Love to Shop Campaigns
HMYOI Deerbolt is an establishment on the outskirts of Barnard Castle in County Durham, which looks after young men between the ages of 18 to 21 years of age. Our service operates 7 days per week (NO night duties ) delivering a Primary and Emergency care service to the establishment. We work closely in partnership with agencies including, the Prison Service, Mental Health teams, Learning Disabilities nursing, Sexual Health Services, Substance Misuse services. Dental Services, Pharmacies and GP Services.
We support nurses to participate in physical assessment skills training and prescribing courses, where appropriate, and place a high value on development and career opportunities. The opportunity to extend clinical skills are offered through access to training with our partner Universities, Health Education England and the NHS Leadership Academy.
Shift pattern: Full Time (37.5 hours) No night duty required
The Ideal Candidate:
Essential Skills as an RGN:
- Part 1 NMC registration
- Experience of working within a team
- Able to work within challenging and complex situations
- Ability to develop and maintain effective working relationships at all levels
G4S value excellent patient care and has a dynamic approach to nursing in a complex setting. We welcome visits to the prison due to the uniqueness of this nursing setting. We offer competitive rates of pay for successful applicants, dependent on experience and qualifications.
Offers are subject to terms and conditions and receipt of satisfactory references, enhanced DBS check and prison vetting.
This role requires the ability to work with vulnerable, frail people, who may be distressed or experiencing pain, in a caring and compassionate way. A Criminal Records Bureau check will therefore be required to exclude any individual with a history of criminal behaviour which could be considered unacceptable (by G4S or the clients) in a patient care environment. Safety is of paramount importance and the post holder must ensure that safe systems of work are followed without compromise. The post holder needs to be committed to maintaining high standards of customer care and service delivery.
*Ts &Cs apply
Jobs that might be of interest:Band 5 Primary Care Staff Nurse
Apply now Primary Care Nurse - HMP Durham
Apply now Prison Nurse
Apply now Staff Nurse - HMP Holme House
Location: Stockton on Tees
Apply now Bank Nurse - HMP Holme House
Location: Stockton on Tees