Sr. Construction Manager Willowbrook, Illinois Competitive
Sr. Construction ManagerLocation: Willowbrook, Illinois | Salary: Competitive | Posted: 18 Nov 2020 | Closes: 30 Apr 2021 | Job Type: Permanent & Full-time | Business Unit: US - G4S Secure Integration | Region / Division: Adesta | Reference: IL111820SCM
Adesta, a G4S company, is looking for a successful Sr. Construction Manager to lead the company in pre-bid, pre-construction and subcontractor negotiations and is the customer interface on any construction-related meetings or items and any initial permitting contracts. The ideal candidate will lead by example in the construction and splicing of the required scopes of work and supervise the team of inspectors to accomplish the required activities on schedule.
- Interprets architectural, engineering, utility -right-of-way and grid maps, underground utility records, and railroad validation maps and drawings, and makes recommendations for placing system running lines and/or equipment. Understanding the typicals and standards for telecommunication construction.
- Understands, participates in and directs the construction, inspection, and splicing processes in order to support the requirements of the project contract and coordinates a team effort. Communicates effectively to direct reports the permitting requirements, standards, typicals, and issues to be resolved.
- Manages sub-contractors to ensure they work per scope, plans, and within budget. Provides guidance to ensure they are working safely.
- Provides guidance and proper instructions to OSP/ISP/security project personnel for planning, scheduling, and close out of projects. Ensures documentation is properly prepared for subsequent turnover to the owner.
- Actively participates in scheduling and building access meetings (intra-company) and meetings with municipalities and governmental permitting officials to coordinate and manage the project schedule.
- Using company accounting techniques, maintains supervision over requisitioning of permanent materials and subcontracting for labor in order to remain within budget constraints, as well as accounting for own and subcontractor’s work at any phase of construction or installation.
- Understands the policies, procedures, standards, and goals of the organization and directs the execution of all aspects of engineering, permitting, construction, and final acceptance with those in mind.
- Represents the company in pre-bid, pre-construction and subcontractor negotiations, and is the customer interface on any construction-related meetings or items and any initial permitting contracts.
- Other duties as assigned by supervisor.
The Ideal Candidate:
- Bachelor's degree in civil, mechanical, electrical, or construction engineering preferred, but not mandatory.
- 8+ years of progressively more responsible field engineering or construction project experience.
- 3+years of supervision of subordinates. Any discipline acceptable, but civil, mechanical or electrical preferred.
- Desirable work experience includes: field engineering management responsibility and/or project oversight responsibility.
- An acceptable equivalent combination of education and experience will be considered.
- Must possess a valid driver’s license.
About the Company:
Adesta specializes in the design and implementation of modern communications networks and infrastructure for public and private customers and government entities. Adesta works to craft solutions that meet our customers’ project goals and budgets, and position them well for future success. Adesta not only offers the engineering, technical, and management expertise of an established systems integrator; we also back our expertise with dependable maintenance support and training.
Why Work for Adesta?
- Competitive Salary
- Medical, Dental, Vision, and Disability Plans
- Life Insurance
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Employee Assistance Program
- 401(k) match
- Paid Time Off & Paid Holidays
- Employee referral program
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Professional Certification Reimbursement
Equal Opportunity Employer/Minorities/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
VEVRAA Federal Contractor
Jobs that might be of interest:Foreman
Location: Livermore, California
Apply now General Manager - Secure Solutions
Location: Cape Town
Apply now General Manager - BAT
Location: Head Office
Apply now Property Assistant - County Fermanagh
Location: County Fermanagh, United Kingdom
Apply now Property Assistant - County Derry/Londonderry
Location: County Londonderry, United Kingdom