SQL Server Database AdministratorLocation: Lincoln | Salary: £38,000 | Posted: 11 Feb 2019 | Closes: 1 Mar 2019 | Job Type: Permanent & Full-time | Region / Division: UK & Ireland | Reference: G18157
In 2012 G4S and Lincolnshire Police formed a Strategic Partnership and we are now currently looking for individuals who are interested in joining us as a Database Administrator. This is an exciting opportunity to join a small but growing team who provide mission critical services to Lincolnshire, Leicestershire, Northamptonshire, Nottinghamshire, Derbyshire and City of London Police Forces. The services are provided by the G4S team who are based at Lincolnshire Police HQ in Nettleham. This is a full time position for 40 hours per week.
The successful candidate will be responsible for the implementation, configuration, maintenance and performance of critical SQL Server RDBMS systems, to ensure the availability and consistent performance of the Force systems, particularly NicheRMS. This is a ‘hands-on’ position requiring solid technical skills, as well as excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Manage SQL Server databases through multiple product lifecycle environments, from development to mission-critical production systems.
- Apply data modelling techniques to ensure development and implementation support efforts meet integration and performance expectations.
- Analyse, diagnose and resolve technical and database issues. Ensure timely resolution of incidents, problems and change as defined in the agreed Service Levels.
- Provide 24x7 support for critical production systems.
- Plan for backup and recovery of database information ensuring the backups are verified and successful. Planning and managing exercises to prove recovery procedures.
- Implement recovery procedure when necessary.
- Perform scheduled maintenance and support release deployment activities after hours.
- Refine and automate regular processes, track issues and document changes.
- Assist developers and Management Information staff with complex query tuning and schema refinement.
The Ideal Candidate:
Skills and Qualifications
- 5+ years MS SQL Server Administration experience required.
- Experience with Performance Tuning and Optimisation (PTO), using native monitoring and troubleshooting tools.
- Experience with backups, restores and recovery models.
- Knowledge of High Availability (HA) and Disaster Recovery (DR) options for SQL Server.
- Flexible, team player, ‘get-it-done’ personality.
- Ability to plan and organise work independently.
- Ability to multi-task and context-switch effectively between different activities and teams.
- Excellent written and verbal communication and a customer service ethic.
- Working knowledge of Oracle, Linux/Unix a plus.
- Experience working in Policing is desirable but not essential.
- MCTS, MCITP, and/or MVP certifications a plus.
Jobs that might be of interest:IT Server Specialist
Apply now IT Security and Network Specialist
Apply now Cleaner - Maternity Cover
Location: Carlton Road, Worksop
Apply now Site Manager
Location: Leicester, Leicestershire
Apply now Contracts Administrator