SQL Database Administrator Rochester, New York Competitive
SQL Database AdministratorLocation: Rochester, New York | Salary: Competitive | Posted: 18 Mar 2021 | Closes: 31 Jan 2022 | Job Type: Permanent & Full-time | Business Unit: US - G4S Secure Integration | Region / Division: G4S Technology | Reference: NY031821SQL
G4S Secure Integration is looking for an experienced SQL Database Administrator to work closely with our analysts, systems administrators, and designers to support implementation, configuration, maintenance, troubleshooting, and optimization of Microsoft SQL Servers.
- Responsible for creation and ongoing maintenance of function and relational Database Diagrams for all Network Services Company SQL Databases. Keep diagrams/documentation current and establish effective vehicles to publish the documentation to Applications Staff and others for use in report development and ADP Operations Projects
- Ability to write and troubleshoot complex Stored Procedures, ANSI and T-SQL queries and scripts, and document processes and procedures
- Experience implementing operational automation
- Manage SQL Server databases through multiple product lifecycle environments, from development to mission-critical production systems.
- Configure database servers and processes, including monitoring of system health and performance, to ensure high levels of performance, availability, and security
- Update, backup, maintain & troubleshoot databases. Perform troubleshooting resolution and root cause analysis for database and application specific incidents
- Programming in SQL. Write and optimize SQL statements.
- Work as subject matter expert on database technologies, reviewing changes, security & operations procedures to maximize uptime and reduce time to recover.
- Perform all common periodic Database Administration (DBA) tasks, including managing database backups and recovery, managing database users and security, Database Server Administration, Event and System Monitoring, etc.
- Design database indexing schemes and perform optimal DB tuning
- Ability to detect and troubleshoot SQL server related CPU, Memory, I/O, disk space and other resource contention
- Periodic review of all database Maintenance, Backup, and Optimization plans. Recommend improvements to support use of database best practices, more efficient processing, improved system uptime, and to support the growth of the business.
- Periodic review of all current SQL servers from a security (Windows and SQL) standpoint. Review industry best practices and make periodic recommendations for Database security and Windows server related security improvements.
- Ability to export and import data from/to various formats like delimited raw/text file, MS-Excel, XML, SQL Server, MS-Access, etc. Ability to transfer data between various servers and/or data sources. Ability to restore databases and individual tables upon request.
- Provide leadership, architectural recommendations and implementation plans for potential long-term database scalability, performance improvements, and support for a hybrid infrastructure
- Provide on call support for critical production systems and share technical expertise, providing technical mentorship and cross-training to other peers and team members.
- Other duties as assigned by supervision.
The Ideal Candidate:
- Bachelor’s degree in IT or related field preferred
- 5 + years of MS SQL Server Administration experience required
- Experience with Failover Clustering and Always on Availability Groups
- Experience with Performance Tuning and Optimization experience with backups, restores, and recovery models
- Experience working with Windows Server, including Active Directory.
- Experience writing SQL queries, analyzing query performance using query plans and tuning query performance
- Experience with C#, Visual Basic or Visual Studio preferred
- Critical thinking skills and ability to adapt to rapid project changes
- Strong organizational and communication skills
About the Company:
G4S brings your systems together. We design, build and maintain stand-alone and integrated security systems. A trusted partner to customers and suppliers, G4S takes great pride in delivering outstanding expertise and superior service.
We have the ability to provide full turnkey services: taking a customer’s requirements, developing the concept, designing the network, selecting the product that best fits the requirements, and completing the installation.
Why Work for G4S?
- Competitive Salary
- Medical, Dental, Vision, and Disability Plans
- Life Insurance
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Employee Assistance Program
- 401(k) match
- Paid Time Off & Paid Holidays
- Employee referral program
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Professional Certification Reimbursement
Equal Opportunity Employer/Minorities/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
VEVRAA Federal Contractor
Jobs that might be of interest: