SPV Escort BRIDGEND £19,000
SPV EscortLocation: BRIDGEND | Salary: £19,000 | Posted: 31 Jul 2020 | Closes: 14 Aug 2020 | Job Type: Permanent & Full-time | Business Unit: UK Central Government Services | Region / Division: UK & Ireland | Reference: 8991
HMP Parc, Bridgend
Salary : £19,000 per annum
Full-Time (40 hours per week)
As the world’s leading security solutions group with operations in over 120 countries and more than 625,000 employees worldwide, G4S is a truly unique company. We’re bigger, more diverse and involved in more fascinating, cutting-edge projects than many people would imagine and we now have an opportunity for a SPV Escort to join our team at HMP & YOI Parc, a category B prison, in Bridgend, South Wales, currently holding over 1700 men and young people in a secure but modern environment.
The successful candidate will be required to assist with the contractor control process in escorting and controlling the contractor/visitors movements across the prison estate that falls within the Facilities Management contractual obligations. Working To complete all escort tasks in a timely manner within their respective target dates following all established procedures.
Actively promote the importance and values of effective communication throughout G4S of environmental / Quality / H&S good practice, compliance and continuous improvement.
- Operate within G4SFM procedures to escort contractors/visitors movements across the prison estate that is the responsibility of G4SFM
- To complete clearly all associated paperwork required to meet the requirements of the laid out process.
- Deal effectively and safely with contractor / visitor movements to maintain health & safety requirements
- Assisting in the development of contractor control procedure routines, processes, risk assessments, and records.
- Working with other craft qualified, semi-skilled and non-skilled maintenance staff if required in aspects of maintenance activities on a team work basis.
- Security awareness within a prison environment in respect to key locking and tool control when escorting maintenance contractors within the prison estate.
The Ideal Candidate:
- A good understanding of a maintenance environment.
- Following policy and procedures
- The ability to write clearly.
- A knowledge of H & S
- BSC level 1 Health & Safety.
- Full, clean driving license.
- Experience of building and facilities maintenance
Please note that these vacancies are subject to a 10 year checkable history and the strict vetting standards set by G4S and the Secretary of State for the Home Office and are exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act.
You must be eligible to work in the UK and must have been resident in the UK for a minimum period of 5 years. You will also need to provide full details of your employment and education history for the last 10 years as part of the security screening process for this role.
HMP & YOI Parc is committed to a clean air policy for the wellbeing of its staff, and to protect them from the risks of passive smoking. Our prison is a smoke-free environment, and smoking is not permitted in any area of the establishment. The conveyance of smoking paraphernalia (including tobacco, cigarettes and e-cigarettes) through the Keylock and into the prison will be considered a disciplinary offence under the company’s Disciplinary Policy.
Jobs that might be of interest: