Special Police Officer Trainee Charlotte, North Carolina $17.00
Special Police Officer TraineeLocation: Charlotte, North Carolina | Salary: $17.00 | Posted: 12 Dec 2019 | Closes: 12 Jan 2020 | Job Type: Permanent & Full-time | Business Unit: US Secure Solutions | Region / Division: North America | Reference: G4S/TP/4016102/178787
**$1000 sign-on bonus payable after 90 days of continuous employment. $500 referral bonus payable after 30 days of continuous employment. Please be sure to have the referral add your name on the application for the bonus. Bonus amount is subject to applicable federal and state income withholdings.**
PLEASE CLICK APPLY OR TEXT "JOBS" TO 561-660-9797 FROM YOUR SMARTPHONE!
The world's leading private security organization, G4S, has an immediate job opportunity for State Certified Special Police Officer Trainees (SPO). As a Special Police Officers, you will enforce the Criminal Laws of the State of North Carolina on properties owned, leased or occupied by G4S Secure Solutions (USA) clients. Special Police Officer have the same jurisdiction on client controlled property to investigate crimes, arrest for felonies, misdemeanors, city/county ordinance violations and to charge infractions. SPOs are responsible for the safety/security of the client and general public at large and are allowed to pursue in “continuous and immediate pursuit” (Hot Pursuit) for crimes occurring on client properties. SPOs are empowered to investigate crimes, make reports and arrests for incidents within their jurisdiction. The main function of the Special Police Officer is to ensure orderly operations of the day to day needs of the agency and the client.
The individuals hired as Police Trainees will begin their work with G4S as Custom Protection Officers while waiting to or while attending Basic Law Enforcement Training (BLET). (Candidates will be assigned to the first available B.L.E.T. Classes). Individuals must meet all requirements for the position of Custom Protection Officer and will initially be assigned where needed until B.L.E.T. begins. Once B.L.E.T. has been completed, compensation will be increased.
Once the training is completed, the SPO Trainee must be able to pass the North Carolina Criminal Justice Education and Training Standards Commission Law Enforcement Officers Certification test. These Officers will then hold the same certification and training as any law enforcement officer in the state of North Carolina.
G4S is a security provider for the United States government, fortune 500 companies, nuclear power plants, oil and gas companies, airport, ports, banks, hospitals, factories, warehouses, commercial facilities, residential communities and much more.
As a full time employee of G4S, you will be entitled to the following benefits:
- Major Medical, Dental and Vision
- Paid vacation
- Opportunities for additional training to aid in your professional development
As an employee you will also be able to participate in the Promote Me! Community. Promote Me! is available to interested current employees as a way to express interest in further advancement, as well as gain information and encourage professional development.
Further, as a current employee you will be eligible to participate in large group rates for the following benefits:
- Critical Illness
- Accident Insurance
- Whole Life Insurance
- Individual Short-Term Disability
- Pre-Paid Legal Services
- Identity Theft Services
- Pet Insurance
In addition, G4S provides benefits that are automatically available to all full or part-time employees, whether you enroll in a G4S insurance plan or not. And with no premiums to pay!
- RxCut Pharmacy Discount Program
- Doctor on Demand
- Qualsight LASIK Savings
- Perks at Work: G4S Employee Discount Program
- Alliant Credit Union
- Purchasing Power
- Active & Fit: G4S Fitness Center Membership
- FinFit: Financial Wellness Program
- DailyPay: Access your pay when you need it
G4S offers job security, excellent pay and benefits, and career opportunities. We offer entry level careers, management careers, sales careers and executive careers across the United States and internationally.
Specific Duties and Essential Functions
- Assure that he/she is competently trained to perform as a Special Police Officer
- Ensure that tasks or classwork is completed and on time; handle multiple demands for commitment of time, energy, and resources.
- Understand enforcement of policy and regulations as they pertain to the company or the client pursuant to post orders
- Learning the detail-oriented skills, ability to quickly identify crimes and suspects.
- Communicate facts and ideas clearly both orally and in writing in English.
- Mediate conflict with tact and neutral diplomacy; interpret behavior and emotional patterns in individuals and groups, communicate facts and ideas clearly both orally or in writing
- Controls ingress and egress of traffic at certain sites
The Ideal Candidate:
Education, Licenses and Certifications Required
- Must possess a high school diploma or equivalent
- Must be eligible to be certified as a law enforcement officer through the North Carolina
- Criminal Justice Training and Standards Commission
- Must be eligible to be certified by the Private Protective Services Board as a Custom Protection Officer
- Possess a valid state-issued driver’s license
Type and Length of Specific Experience Required
- Must possess one or more of the following:
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited College or University in Criminal Justice
- Prior law enforcement experience or previous graduation from a police academy
- Corrections experience
- Military experience in combat role or support of combat troops
- Proficient computer skills including Microsoft Office
- Effective oral and written communication skills
- Active listening skills
- Ability to assess and evaluate situations effectively
- Ability to identify critical issues quickly and accurately
- Attention to detail
- Must be at least 21 years old or the minimum age required by the state, if higher
- Must be a United States citizen
- Must be able to work flexible schedules
- Must be able to qualify with a minimum score of at least 80% with duty weapon as required by Private Protective Services (If armed)
- Must be able to qualify with a minimum score of at least 80% with duty weapon as required by the North Carolina Private Protective Services Commission
- Must submit to a pre-employment drug test
- Must submit to an extensive background check, including criminal history, personal references, employment and education verifications, and Department of Motor Vehicle and credit checks if applicable
- Must be able to provide, upon job offer, a DD214 discharge document with discharge status indicated, if prior military
Physical Requirements and Environment
Environment: Inside and outside classroom, some work in inclimate weather
Major activity: Attending Basic Law Enforcement Training and working assignments as directed with walking and standing required.
Physical efforts to carry out job duties: Limited, to include some standing, bending, maneuvering up to 50 pounds, and limited stretching and reaching.
About the Company:
EOE Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
G4S is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer
and an Alcohol- and Drug-Free Workplace
If you have any questions regarding Equal Employment Opportunity, Affirmative Action or Diversity and Inclusion, or have difficulty using the online system and require an alternate method to apply, please contact our Corporate Human Resources Department at (800) 506-6265.
To receive an update on your application status, please contact our local office by following this link: http://g4s.us/en/Contact-Us/Local-Offices
Jobs that might be of interest: