Soft Services Manager BRIDGEND £30,000
Soft Services ManagerLocation: BRIDGEND | Salary: £30,000 | Posted: 31 May 2019 | Closes: 21 Jun 2019 | Job Type: Permanent & Full-time | Business Unit: UK Central Government Services | Region / Division: UK & Ireland | Reference: 7851
Soft Services Manager
HMP Parc, Bridgend
Salary : £30,000 per annum
Full-time (40 hours per week)
G4S is a large and diverse company with operations in over 100 countries and more than 610,000 employees worldwide, G4S is a truly unique company who are bigger, more diverse and involved in more fascinating, innovative projects than many people would imagine and we now have an opportunity for a Soft Services Manager to join our Facilities Management team at HMP & YOI Parc, a category B prison, in Bridgend, South Wales, currently holding over 1600 men and young people in a secure but modern environment.
The successful candidate will be required to manage all Soft Services elements within the Estates and Facilities Team providing support to the Service Delivery Manager and Regional Facilities Manager. Manage the FM helpdesk team to ensure completion and compliance of all contractual administration tasks. Supervise and operate the cleaning and escorting teams within the environment to ensure that all contractual standards are adhered to. Provide cover for the Service Delivery Manager in their absence and to ensure full management of both hard and soft services teams.
- To manage Facilities Helpdesk calls through Concept CAFM system ensuring that the helpdesk is covered at all contractual times offering support and guidance at all times.
- To lead helpdesk team members ensuring provision of a compliant and customer focused service
- To update information held on Concept, including the accurate completion of work tasks within timescales, ensure asset database is maintained and updating all information to allow system to run effectively.
- To produce reports from the Concept system as required providing information for Facilities team, auditors, and the colleagues as and when required.
- To prepare monthly reports in line with agreed requirements.
- To maintain and update on a live basis the risk log for site along with other contractual information required
- To ensure that near misses and hazards are reported by all team members
- To work with procurement to produce local agreement contracts for subcontractors used on site in line with G4S policies ensuring value for money
- To work closely with sub contractors to ensure all services tendered for offer best prices and to lead on competitive tendering for all our annual services.
- Plan workload effectively to meet deadlines
- To arrange customer feedback on all work tasks as and when necessary including providing responses to potential litigation claims
- To maintain central office systems, ensuring that records are accurate and consistent with relevant company procedures.
- To maintain annual leave records and approve annual leave requests from all team members ensuring adequate cover to meet needs of the service
- To maintain sick absence records effectively for whole team, conducting return to work interviews and required actions in line with sickness absence policy.
- To manage team in the purchase of materials needed for maintenance and reactive works as well as any office supplies, tools and equipment required to fulfil the contract
- To attend any training courses required for this role.
- Manage own workload and that of the team effectively ensuring that the line managers requirements are met.
- Ensure that processes for ordering and controlling PPE are adhered to
- To ensure that monthly additional works spend is recorded and provided to Regional Manager
- Resolve invoice queries using our finance systems
- To work closely with finance team and provide information as requested by them.
- To prepare written quotations for customers and record using the relevant documents.
- To manage quotation process with SDM to ensure adherence to CDM compliance processes
- Ensure review of COSHH assessments on an annual basis and to manage the COSHH system
- Undertake Risk Assessments as required
- To ensure that non-conformity process is adhered to evidencing closure of all actions
- To review, manage and implement office systems to ensure local procedures in place for all processes.
- To monitor and sign off Kronos on a weekly basis.
- To maintain Workforce for all employees and update as required
- Working with the cleaning team leader, manage the cleaning team ensuring they are meeting required standards undertaking regular cleaning audits.
- Working with the Contractor Co-Ordinator, manage all escorts to ensure that they meet all standards required and to audit escorting paperwork on a regular basis.
- To undertake the annual Employee Development Reviews for team
- To assist other sites within the wider Estates and Facilities teams as and when required.
- Contribute to company objectives by meeting own performance objectives
- Establish good working relationships with colleagues and stakeholders
- Ability to work flexible hours
- To provide support to the Regional Facilities Manager and on occasions Regional Director and other Facilities teams across the Secure Estate.
The Ideal Candidate:
- Previous experience in an FM role including line management
- Able to work to varying deadlines.
- Should have excellent verbal and written skills
- Good organisational skills
- A good knowledge of finance and accounting systems is essential and a willingness to attend training courses as and when necessary
- Educated to GCSE level or higher
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office suite
- Proactive and resourceful.
- Qualified in IOSHH Managing Safely
- Knowledge and understanding of ISO14001, ISO 9001 and OHSAS 18001
- Able to work with people of all levels.
- Flexible approach and attitude and able to deal with fast moving environment.
- Ability to adapt to change
- Knowledge of concept evolution
- Knowledge of SAP & ARIBA
Jobs that might be of interest:Detainee Custody Officer
Location: Gatwick, West Sussex
Apply now Lead Engineer
Location: Liverpool, Merseyside
Apply now Unit Engineer - Electrical
Location: Liverpool, Merseyside
Apply now Detainee Custody Officer - Gatwick Immigration Centre
Location: BN11 3AW
Apply now Logistics Co-ordinator
Location: Woolwich, Greater London