Site Supervisor - ResidentialLocation: Downtown - Toronto | Salary: C$17 - C$19 | Posted: 2 Jun 2020 | Closes: 2 Jul 2020 | Job Type: Permanent & Full-time | Business Unit: Canada | Region / Division: North America | Reference: G4S/TP/5240828/192296
Site Supervisor in Toronto
G4S Secure Solutions is Canada's leading provider of security solutions. Our company specializes in hiring and training security professionals to meet all of our client’s needs. We are also proud to partner with various government organizations in securing their facilities.
Service contract to ensure compliance and assures that Client’s expectations are being met. Has involvement in employee training, documentation, scheduling, and discipline, as well as providing support to their employees. Individuals must be familiar with a variety of the field’s concepts, practices, and procedures. Perform a variety of complicated tasks. Relies on extensive experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals.
- Provides client and guards with timely, appropriate communication to make sure that their needs are being met.
- Regularly reviews with clients the services that are being provided and actively seek ways of increasing service.
- Offers assistance to the client to meet their challenging needs and schedules.
- Troubleshoots to identify and divert any potential problems.
- Ensures that all shifts and department positions are covered by qualified personnel at all times and immediately fills any shift openings.
- Enforce rules and regulations to maintain order within the facility
- Operate security control room equipment to monitor activities in the facility
- Ensure that the facilities safety and emergency procedures are followed in response to fire alarms and other emergencies
- Conducts on-going training for security personnel to keep the staff current on procedures, policies, systems, and methods to achieve the security force mission and the client’s security objectives.
- Manages operations for an account and reports strategic changes and/or operational changes to the G4S Area Manager.
- Continuous updates to post orders in regards to additional information and/or operational tasks.
- Conduct initial investigations by collecting, documenting information, and/or evidence received.
- Coach, train, and mentor staff.
- Conduct disciplinary meetings as necessary.
- On-call for all escalation issues.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Client, Operations, and/or G4S Management.
The Ideal Candidate:
Essential Employment Requirements:
- Minimum 2 years of Security Experience
- Minimum high school graduate or equivalent
The Ideal Candidate will demonstrate:
- Past experience in managing a security team
- Past experience in managing challenging security situations
- Meticulous record-keeping, report writing, and observation skills
- Excellent English verbal and written communication skills
- Exceptional judgment, common sense, and decision-making ability
- Good physical well-being and ability to walk, run, stand for long periods of time, climb stairs and lift objects
- Ability to operate security equipment/systems, camera recording systems, computers, and radios
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office programs
- Willing to take courses as required by G4S and or clients
About the Company:
G4S is an inclusive and equitable employer, encouraging applications from qualified women and men including persons with disabilities, members of visible minorities, and Aboriginal persons.
Jobs that might be of interest:Site Security Supervisor - Residential
Apply now Team Lead - Residential Site
Location: Downtown - Toronto
Apply now Part Time Cleaner - Olga Primary School
Location: E3 5DN, Greater London
Apply now Cleaner - Marion Richardson Primary School
Location: E1 0QF, Greater London
Apply now Helpdesk Operative - Nights
Location: Oxford, Oxfordshire